PDA

View Full Version : Flopped TP/good kicker against a semi-LAG, routine fold?

aces_full
07-13-2005, 12:33 AM
Ugh I hated to fold here, but I have no read on villain.

PS $25NL 6-max PT stats for villain are:VP$IP 30.5%,PFR 20%,Post flop AF 7.5 with a flop AF of 10 after 59 hands. My impression is that his VP$IP can certainly be that of a good winning player, but this guy is extremely aggro on all streets. The problem is though I have no read on him because in the entire time at the table up until this hand the villain has not shown down a single hand. I have however seen him raise PF, get called, and then check/fold the flop, so I guess he's not a total donk. To make things worse, he got a free look from the BB. Part of me wants to call because he is uber-aggressive and I feel I might be ahead here. But he's never made a play like this for all his chips. I take a lot of time here and consider my options. Finally I decide that I have a good feeling that I have him beat, but one pair is not the hand to take him down with. Give him this small pot and find a better spot.

PS $25NL 6-max villain is BB with $24, hero is UTG with $38

pre flop: Hero has A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

hero calls .25,UTG+1 folds,MP calls .25,button folds,SB calls .15,BB (villain) checks

flop (4 players) 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif SB checks,villain bets $1,hero raises to $2.50,MP folds,SB folds,villan raises to $23.75 (all-in),hero folds.

excession
07-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Isn't he likely to be on the (probably nut) flush draw?

It's that or a badly overplayed set I think.

I don't think a lay down is a bad move if this is the first time you have seen him push.. after all you haven't even got TPTK..

clevernapkin
07-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Seems to be a decision based upon you're read.
If he's got a flush draw, or anything less than AQ you're at least 2/3 favorite.
If not you're 3 outted.