PDA

View Full Version : I botched this or good?

bobbyi
07-13-2005, 12:18 AM
The preflop action made me feel like I was back in the Paradise shorthanded games /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero folds

MrFeelNothin
07-13-2005, 12:56 AM
At the moment you are looking at 11-1 to hit your ace. I think there is a very very low chance you are up against AK or a 3 of some kind so you would need to make up 2 big bets on the turn and river to get correct odds. I think opponents range here is any pocket pair or a King with a weak kicker. He could still be rebluffing since the early position checkraise of a laste position bet is fairly common and not strong. However on that board he has to think youve got a pair and arent going away, so I think he has a King or a pocket pair and is trying to regain control.

Considering that your ace wont ALWAYS be good and you often wont be able to make up 2 bets, and that hitting a jack could cost bets, I just muck this to the reraise as well.

Another option would just be to fold to buttons initial bet, the likelihood of your hand being good isnt that great considering he is betting into a field of 6 players.

bobbyi
07-13-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another option would just be to fold to buttons initial bet

[/ QUOTE ]
That's really what I was wondering about. CO checking and calling two cold on this flop is pretty scary and I feel good about folding to the three-bet; the "rebluff" seems unlikely with someone having already called both bets. Although I would be interested to hear if anyone disagrees.

MrFeelNothin
07-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Oops, I completely missed that CO had called the CR. Ignore my previous analysis, the fold to the 3bet is routine because I cant think of any hand short of a monster that cutoff could play legitimately like that.

As to whether to raise initially, I think mucking might be in order as frustrating as that is. Too many people to get fancy?

steaknshake925
07-13-2005, 01:32 AM
i would raise preflop to take advantage of the equity edge, then play fit-or-fold on the flop. this way the bad position is not really a big deal.

on the flop i think you played it fine. i might call the 3bet and C/F the turn UI, but folding is okay.

i was gonna say consider check-calling button's initial bet but CRing is probably better anyway.