PDA

View Full Version : triple draw starting hand question

CallYNotRaise06
07-13-2005, 12:04 AM
in a 6 handed game are hands like 8654x playable from any position. i wouldnt think so since the general rule is never leave home w/o a 2, but im just wondering.

what do you think?

Luv2DriveTT
07-13-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in a 6 handed game are hands like 8654x playable from any position. i wouldnt think so since the general rule is never leave home w/o a 2, but im just wondering.

what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

A 7 kills you, and I am not thrilled about the 6, but thats an opening hand from the button for sure.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

randomstumbl
07-13-2005, 12:13 AM
I think the actual rule should be more like "don't leave home with a straight draw." Also, drawing at 87 usually is not what you want to be doing either.

8654 is a hand that I'd almost always fold UTG and usually raise with from the button. I think it's toughest to play correctly in the blind. It has some value, but can easily get you into trouble. If you're just starting to play TDL, it's probably better to just muck it.

Oddly, I rank 8653 as a significantly better hand.

Luv2DriveTT
07-13-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oddly, I rank 8653 as a significantly better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

a huge understatement. Its a fantastic opening hand compared to 8654.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

dibbs
07-13-2005, 04:25 AM
The never leave the gate without a 2 rule is stretched on one card draws, but 8654 is still nasty in EP cuz of the straight draw.

On a similar note I raised 8763x UTG in a really loose game today and got called in a million spots and was shaking my head after. Drawing at an 876 OOP in a multiway pot is foolish. The 2 rule is basically because you want to be drawing up and smooth as possible, which is why a hand like 8543x is much better, although at a glance it looks similar.

But folded to you on the button, kick it up. I could write sonnets about position.

timprov
07-13-2005, 04:47 AM
This is a good hand if you can get it headsup immediately, and a terrible hand if you can't. I pretty much only play this on tight tables.