PDA

View Full Version : Am I too aggressive here?

Percy101
07-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I didn't take the paired flop too seriously, with it being so low. I think 3-betting the flop is Ok but is the turn raise too aggressive?

Party Poker (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">Hero raises, UTG+2 calls, CO calls BT calls, SB calls, BB calls 4 folds</font>.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, CO folds, BT folds, SB calls, BB raises, Hero raises, SB calls BB calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB calls, BB raises, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, Hero calls, SB calls

Final Pot:

shadow29
07-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Call down after the turn donkbet.

AngelicPenguin
07-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Against a check/raise with TT I'm probably already in call down mode. My thinking would be, who check/raises a FD or a 5 (or 66-99), knowing the bet is coming from our left most likely? Do we just dismiss this until we have better evidence (like the turn bet?) Or is 3-betting the better play b/c it (should) get SB to fold. Does the strategy change if he's a thinking player (a 3 seems more likely since his check/raise trapped everyone for 2)?

Percy101
07-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I 3-bet the flop to try and fold any drawing players and increase my chances of winning. I am not convinced that I am behind to the check-raiser; read was LAG so can easily see him raising with any draw or pair. The turn bet just confused me though -I was planning on folding to a check raise or a scare card if it came.

dozer
07-13-2005, 01:27 AM
I like calling the flop and raising a safe turn card if BB bets into you again.

Bodhi
07-13-2005, 02:10 AM
It depends on how much knocking the SB out improves your winning chances. Seeing that you have almost no chance to improve, I like your turn raise. After the BB reraises it's very likely he has a 3, but I think you have to take this overpair to a showdown.

GrunchCan
07-13-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seeing that you have almost no chance to improve, I like your turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no value in this since, as you say, Hero's equity in this pot is thin. Nobody's going anywhere.

Bodhi
07-13-2005, 02:18 AM
wishful thinking that the SB will fold?

GrunchCan
07-13-2005, 02:35 AM
Its hard to tell b/c of the converter issues, but when I calculated it originally your rasie offered something like 1:10 to the next opponent. Maybe deeper. Pot's too big to protect.

Bodhi
07-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Yeah, it's a pain to figure this out without the pot size listed.