PDA

View Full Version : Tiger & Ernie=Sicker'n Cholera

Bill Murphy
02-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Well, that layoff sure slowed ol' Eldrick down, didn't it? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Kid's beyond sick; that tee shot at 14 & the second shot at 15... The Phold made his customary, heroic Sunday charge that he always does when in the last group w/Tiger, but not even Ben Hogan coulda beat Tiger today.

And Ernie is just the bubonic plague right now. Ya think ABC'll move the final of the Match Play to prime time if he & Tiger come thru? How huge was Ernie holding on at the British last year? He's played like he's on a total freeroll ever since.

Prediction: I think Tiger's gonna get pushed Pot A @ Riviera next weekend. One thing he won't be happy about tho; Elin has been passed as hottest Tour groupie. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif In the new Golf magazine [John Daly on cover], there's a bit on this rookie from Australia, James something. Gotta pic of his gf. His fitness model gf. Makes Elin look like Sorenstam. Charlotta Sorenstam. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Speaking of that mag, it's the issue w/The Phold's "inferior equipment" interview. What's ironic is, in context that was obviously just harmless, TIC smack; it's the REST of the interview were he comes off as a pompous ass-Al Gore clone. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Clarkmeister
02-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Tiger will beat down Ernie like he always does. I see no reason to think that anything has changed. Assuming no flare-ups from his injury, I'd expect to see el Tigre win 2 more majors this year.

andyfox
02-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Tiger looked buff. Stronger than ever. He simply has more talent than anyone else, and he gets more out of his talent than anyone else. Pretty good combination.

andyfox
02-16-2003, 11:57 PM
Ernie is playing wonderfully. I love his attitude, win or lose. I see no reason to think Ernie will not win another major himself this year. Two for Tiger, one for Ernie and one for the rest of the field sounds about right to me.

M2d
02-17-2003, 01:54 AM
man, what about that lazer on the 231 par three (11, I think). Faxon hit 2 iron short and left, Phold hit 3 and missed big time, and Eldrick hit a 4 iron stiff.

Bill Murphy
02-17-2003, 02:20 AM
That was the one I was talking about; I think it was 14, but not sure. The 2008 US Open there is gonna be a monster; Bethpage-by-the-Sea. Be cool to go to it, then go play in Oceanside at night! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

olemissgolf
02-17-2003, 06:12 PM
One for Tiger (US Open)
One for Ernie (PGA)
One for Sergio (British)
One for Phil (Martha's Inv.)
*one for VJ (TPC)

Clarkmeister
02-25-2003, 12:33 AM
Phil isn't winning one ever.

Sergio isn't mature enough yet.