PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone play this river differently?

Go_Blue88
07-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Party Poker NL 100 (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero=427 Villian=150

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Villian bets 3, Hero raises to 10, folded to Villian who calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero bets 15, Villian calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero bets 30.

Villian loves to call down my bets; he's a huge calling station. Anyone here play the river differently?

amoeba
07-12-2005, 09:43 PM
against sensible people, I bet it but you never know what donks are checkraising rivers.

I can't see him with the straight though.

soah
07-12-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
against sensible people, I bet it but you never know what donks are checkraising rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. With four to a straight on the board you will check top two pair against a calling station, but bet it against a smart opponent? Which of them do you think is more likely to pay you off with a worse hand?!

amoeba
07-12-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. With four to a straight on the board you will check top two pair against a calling station, but bet it against a smart opponent? Which of them do you think is more likely to pay you off with a worse hand?!

[/ QUOTE ]

smart opponents wouldn't draw to this straight. Its too unlikely.

I think I check behind regardless of opponents then.

MTBlue
07-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Smart players will draw with t9 to this straight every time especially if they have a flush draw attached to it. The situation is pretty easy. I like betting more on the turn he could easily have a straight or flush draw with a pair and only be a 2:1 dog, something like kt or bottom paird +Ad. On the end the bet is fine, just be willing to fold to a check raise.

Go_Blue88
07-13-2005, 11:06 AM
He folded. I just wanted to see if people would advise checking behind here; i feel like a lot of players would (maybe not on this forum), and I think that's a bad play.

amoeba
07-13-2005, 11:26 AM
I think you find a lot of check behinds on this forum.

I still don't think check behind is as bad as you put it to be.