PDA

View Full Version : TP weak kicker

gmandan
07-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Should I even be raising the flop with such a weak kicker? I'm thinking raise, fold to 3-bet, on the flop. Bet the turn and the river and maybe fold to any more aggression? Am I being too weak tight? I admit that I'm spewing a bit with the turn raise. MP1 is 33.3/8.05 over 87 hands with AF 1.27/1.33/2.33 and has a tendency to bet his draws.

Deamon2
07-12-2005, 09:21 PM
the raise on the flop is good because it protects your hand the times that your opponent does not have a better king. after that, I'd just call down once you've gotten it HU.

Disconnected
07-12-2005, 09:30 PM
I would not have raised the turn, but after you did and it was 3-bet, I don't think you should fold. He's likely raising a better K than you, so you may be ahead. If you're not, you have a fair number of outs to likely best hands. If a brick falls on the river, I think I'd still call a bet.

Arcturus
07-12-2005, 09:47 PM
**Blind Read**

Fold preflop so that you don't get stuck with weak kicker.

DON'T FOLD AFTER RAISING ON THE TURN!!! You still have the river. Call down at least after his 3-bet. What could he have that is beating you that he wouldn't have raised preflop? You have at least a gutshot to a straight to beat him.

tiltaholic
07-12-2005, 10:19 PM
fold preflop.

just call the turn.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Your kicker isn't weak, it is a medium kicker. You beat a lot of possible kickers out there.

But don't limp with KTo until LP. Raise the flop, just call the turn.

Cancer Merchant
07-12-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
**Blind Read**

Fold preflop so that you don't get stuck with weak kicker.

DON'T FOLD AFTER RAISING ON THE TURN!!! You still have the river. Call down at least after his 3-bet. What could he have that is beating you that he wouldn't have raised preflop? You have at least a gutshot to a straight to beat him.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJo, K9, 44 are possibilities for an MP limp. Check/call is the line from the turn on if you want to see a showdown with TPWK.

Andrew Smith
07-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Preflop is marginal.

The flop play is good. Your raise pushes the others out of the pot, so it accomplished its goal. Why not call down UI from here? The raise is a bad move. Why? You raised the flop and he called. With the board the way it is, your opponent surely must not think you are on a draw, so he isn't betting into you to avoid giving you a free card. He's betting into you because he has something, and he isn't scared of your flop raise.

AngelicPenguin
07-12-2005, 11:42 PM
I think I would have called the turn bet, but I'm really leaning to folding in this small pot. From his turn raise I think it's clear we have KJ or 44, so the fold seems fine. Now to go read what others think.
Edit: didn't notice your position. I would fold this preflop as well.