PDA

View Full Version : Popup message from Eurobet on PE

Derek132260
07-12-2005, 09:07 PM
I know there's a back-and-forth war on these boards about the use, advantages (or disads, as some would claim), and ethicality of PE. I'm not posting for another debate on that subject. I've used the program for a couple of months and found it to be moderately useful -- certainly not a make or break program...but with as much as I play (2/4-3/6), the ten bucks a month is certainly worth just for table selection.

Earlier today, while playing, I received a popup message in my Eurobet client saying that they'd detected I was using a program that gave me an unfair advantage over other players at the table, that they are committed to stopping this activity, and that if I persisted in using such a program my account could be closed and my funds confiscated.

I've heard about e-mails from Party on this matter. I hadn't received one, though, and I hadn't heard about an actual popup during gameplay.

I posted this information for multiple reasons:
1) To let people know it was happening
2) To get everyone's general take on the threat (ie- how serious do you think this is).
and
3) To see what committed PE users (or PE themselves) are planning to do ongoing.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

TheMetetron
07-12-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm disappointed if this is occuring on Eurobet too.

Empire has apparently closed accounts, so I wouldn't put it past Eurobet. I'll still use PE on there until I get a warning from them.

RD.
07-12-2005, 09:39 PM
respond and/or bump this thread at the PE forum (http://www.poker-edge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=366)

p.s. I'm too lazy to create a gimic account just to post this, so I'll use an old one.. but..

Are you talking to me?

B.D.
07-12-2005, 09:40 PM
I think he's talking to me.

BD?

jason_t
07-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Did you take a screenshot?

Derek132260
07-12-2005, 10:05 PM
No, I didn't - sorry. Thought about it too late (was 4-tabling at the time) and don't wish to see the message again.