PDA

View Full Version : what hands would you push with?

Dave613
07-12-2005, 08:47 PM
ok, blinds are 75/150 in a $20+2 Sit&Go with 6 players left. You have 650 chips left, you're in cutoff position, and the 2 players in front of you fold.

1. What hands would you push with, assuming all the players yet to act have over 500 chips left?

2. Now, howabout if you are on the button and then in the small blind (so, 575 chips left for the SB...and just completing ain't an option)? I was thinking: I probably don't push with any wider of a selection of hands in the small blind than on the button, just because it's that much more obvious you're full of it in the small blind. thoughts?

If anyone has links to other similar posts (that discuss what ranges of hands to push with under different situations when small stacked), I'd love it if you passed on a link.

lastchance
07-12-2005, 08:59 PM
1. 22+, A2+, K2+, Q5+, J8, T9s. Something about that.
2. Button: 22+, A2+, K2+, Q2+, J2+, T6+, 98, plus some suited hands.
3. SB: Any 2.

No, your logic is bad. From the SB, you may be full of it, but for you to be called more than you already are from the button, you need to nearly double the calling range of BB.

Having less active players that can wake up with AA is always a good thing.

Dave613
07-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks, I guess this is a leak of mine. I'm also more likely to call a push from the sb than from the button....aren't you?

lastchance
07-12-2005, 10:16 PM
No, that's not a leak. Because SB's will push wider ranges. But again, it's really not that big a difference, unless it's a spot where your opponent opens up ranges because of SB.

Dave613
07-12-2005, 10:20 PM
I mean, if I was the bb, I'm more likely to call an sb's push than the button's push

lastchance
07-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I got that.

I guess you didn't get my post. I'm becoming lazy with my posts.

Since SB will push more, you need to open up a bit more range against SB because he is pushing more. But most of the time, it doesn't really matter.

11t
07-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Just because you are willing to call a push doesn't mean that most people are willing to.

The situation you posted imo is a "last resort" type of situation where you are forced to make a move to get chips. Yes the BB might call you with a wide range, and hopefully your cards will be live. Would you call a sb's push from the bb with q7os though? I'd be willing to bet the hands you would be willing to call with if it was for any signifigant portion of your stack are much tighter than a sb's range of pushing. That is why you should push any 2 from the sb, not because it "looks bad" but because the BB in many instances simply will not call with the hand he has been dealt.

It is also fun to suck out versus ak with 85os.