PDA

View Full Version : QQ flops a K...

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Interpoker 3/6 (pounds, I don't know how to make the symbol) six-max game. UTG is 38/32, MP is new to the game, but has played a few too many hands already.

Hero picks up QQ in the BB. UTG raises, MP calls, all fold to Hero who 3-bets. UTG caps, MP and Hero call.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Hero bets, all call.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Hero check-calls.

How bad do I suck?

balkii
07-12-2005, 08:49 PM
i HATE your flop bet.

I would probably checkcall the whole way, folding if it was 2 cold to me or if something happened like UTG chheck and MP bet and you called and UTG C/Red.

Victor
07-12-2005, 08:56 PM
i would bet the turn and river with intention of folding to any raise.

GetThere1Time
07-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Do you have the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-12-2005, 09:14 PM
I do not have the Qd.

My thinking is that I should have bet the turn and folded to a raise.

MP held 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Good times, for sure. Sadly, the wife and kids got home a few minutes later and I was unable to capitalize on this newfound information.

sam h
07-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I would definitely check the flop. You don't want to chase away underpairs from UTG and you can see what the action is like before continuing.

As you played it, I would bet the turn.

jfresh
07-12-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely check the flop. You don't want to chase away underpairs from UTG and you can see what the action is like before continuing.

As you played it, I would bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you say check the flop? are you check calling all the way? i would just keep betting all streets until raised, and then call or fold from there.

i don't think underpairs are folding anyway with only a K out there, especially if they have a diamond. also there is the chance UTG bets out w/ an underpair on the flop and MP raises a flush draw and then you'll have to fold.

Redeye
07-12-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i HATE your flop bet.

I would probably checkcall the whole way, folding if it was 2 cold to me or if something happened like UTG chheck and MP bet and you called and UTG C/Red.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you hate it if Milo had JJ and the flop was Q high?

Victor
07-12-2005, 10:15 PM
i dont understand why you would check the flop here. no pair is goin anywhere. nobody is goin anywhere. bet for value imo.

sam h
07-12-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand why you would check the flop here. no pair is goin anywhere. nobody is goin anywhere. bet for value imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think any under pair will fold the flop, but they might fold the turn without a diamond after you lead twice into the preflop capper, as seems possible in this case, and you don't want that.

After UTG caps preflop, he's going to lead the flop every time. I don't see the upside to leading yourself.