PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 Live NL K-K facing flop raise

Loves Kauai
07-12-2005, 08:04 PM
5/10 live no-limit, I have about 1800.

I am UTG and raise to 50 with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG +1 ($850) calls. Villian has been fairly LAG when he has position, and has shown a bluff out of the big blind, but he hasn't done anything outrageous.

Flop: ($115) 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $80. Villian raises to $200. I think I'm ahead. I'm confident Villian would have re-raised A-A UTG+1. While 9-9 is not out of the question, I estimate that 10-10, J-J, Q-Q or two high diamonds is more likely. A bluff is also possible.

Villian has $450 left after his raise. What's the best plan - push the flop, call and push a blank turn, or try for a C/R on a blank turn? If you call, what is your plan if a diamond hits on the turn?

Thanks!
LK

tdomeski
07-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Because the board is so draw heavy and his stack size I like a flop push here. TT-QQ will squeeze out a call with the idea that you could be on A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, also if he holds two high diamonds he also may have a straight draw and will most likely call an all in.

If you call and a diamond falls I think you can check/fold most times and be +EV.

Stop and go looks better if he were deeper, IMO.

coltrane
07-12-2005, 10:43 PM
the pot is $515 after you call his raise and he has $450 left, there is no other play than to put him in on the flop....