PDA

View Full Version : Taliban: Scary!

10-21-2001, 10:08 PM
Hey did you see that guy from the Taliban on television the last two days? The bearded guy. The one with whiskers. Hair on his face. Yeah him, the one with the turban. That hair makes him look scary. Well not real scary . OK it makes him look unshaven and kinda scary. But what was really scary about him was the things he uttered when he opened his mouth. Tongue wagging threats he made. He did. To you and me and our army. He said something like "We will bury you Americans in the hills of Afghanistan" "You did not learn from the soviets" he said. That was scary. I think he also challenged us to a duel in the streets. Called us chicken and told us how "BAD" he and his Taliban brothers are. That was scary, I tell you. Real scary. Frightening even. What's wrong with that guy, don't he know Halloween is next week and we are already scared enough by the ghouls and gobblins lurking here on the forum. Sheesh he really has no feelings at all for us mere mortals.

Well I don't know about you but I'm scared of him. I have always been scared of bullies. In kindergarten Timmy Sullivan used to yell and scream at me and I would shiver in my boots. Sometimes he would shove me into the school room closet and lock the door. I wouldn't yell out cause I was afraid he would beat me up later on. One day when we got into first grade he tried to do that and I accidently hit him in the mouth with my elbow and would you believe it he ran to the teacher and told her I had hit him on purpose. For some reason he never bothered me again. I don't think I was ever afraid of him again.

And to be honest I was never afraid of a big mouth bully again, ever in my life. And I certainly am not afraid of this "clown in a turban." Easy for me to say. I'm an old man and my military fighting days are over. But those kids of ours over there feel the same way. Trust me. They may not want to be in a war but you can bet some clown in a turban ain't scaring them away. He actually challenged American troops to meet his soldiers in the streets. O.K good luck. Hope you get your wish. I've seen and heard big mouth, try to be tough guy, bullies like him and his master Usama all my life. They are the true cowards of the world. They hide behind others and shout obscenities at you. When faced with either putting up or shutting up they are no where to be found.

The thought of losing American youth in this battle is as disturbing as the thought of the losses we suffered at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and those heroes in a plane in Pennslyvania. We already have lost two brave young soldiers to an accident "over there". I salute them all and send my heart felt sympathy to their families. But I'll be damned if I let some "clown in a turban" use his childish bully tactics to frighten me into not supporting our government in this battle against terrorism.

Yeah Taliban, you're scary. Real scary, very scary. So what!

Vince