PDA

View Full Version : Threatening email from UB regarding account to account transfer

Alpha13
07-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Got this email after trying to withdraw my rakeback yesterday:

"Please be advised that your account has been subject to a random security check. Upon verification of your play history, we see that you are requesting a withdrawal of $XXX and this amount was not accumulated from game-play. The funds come from transfers from other players.

Our site is audited by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, thus we cannot be seen as any kind of banking facility. Please note that the transfer option is in the game to enhance your gaming experience and to provide associated players, who do not have alternative deposit methods, a means of funding their account. The transfer option is not to be used as a means of withdrawing from another players account.

Please transfer the funds back to the original player so it can be withdrawn.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Shaharah
Accounts Department"

The transfer did not make it to neteller, the balance is sstuck in UB and I don't play there anymore. Any idea how I can get this money out?

Kyriefurro
07-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Happened to me too, last month. It's not a big deal, you just have to play a few hands before they consider the money to be "yours."

I had about $30 of a bonus sitting around so I finished clearing that and then made the withdrawal. I've heard someone else say they played a single $1 SNG and could make the withdrawal, although I must say that seems such a trivial amount as to make their policy silly. But hey, what do I know? heh

Pokeraddict
07-12-2005, 09:15 PM
My website had a freeroll and I put a bounty on my head at UB. I transfered the $50 to the player that knocked me out and a few days later got an email from the co-host saying he could not cash out my $50 for this BS reason. They were not the only participant in my freeroll that had these type issues and UB blew several aspects of the tourney.

I have become more and more unimpressed by them but not allowing participants in a freeroll that brought them over 100 signups when it was agreed upon before hand that players could cashout no strings attatched (I put up most of the money) to find this BS out after obviously did not make me happy.

Shoe
07-13-2005, 12:29 AM
You should probably have your affiliate pay you through neteller or something.

WLVRYN
07-13-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then they charge you 1.9% on the transfer (and my affiliate doesnt eat that).

lacky
07-13-2005, 02:35 AM
yes, and UB is stating they are not a bank. They have no desire to eat the fee's for you when they see no benifit from it in extra play. There's no such thing as a free lunch here.

ZBTHorton
07-13-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then they charge you 1.9% on the transfer (and my affiliate doesnt eat that).

[/ QUOTE ]

and?

WLVRYN
07-13-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, and UB is stating they are not a bank. They have no desire to eat the fee's for you when they see no benifit from it in extra play. There's no such thing as a free lunch here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the need to be a jackass? I didnt say anything about there being a free lunch. I just replied that Neteller isnt a solution unless you want to pay the 1.9% transfer fee. I have no problem playing at UB after a transfer since that is indeed where I get most of my rakeback from and I'd play there anyway. Also, UB's transfer policy is much less restrictive than the new Party one.