PDA

View Full Version : SNG Tracker fix For New Party Hand Histories Released

Hood
07-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Grab the new file from the site (http://sng.pokercomment.com).

Make sure you uninstall your current version first before installing the new release.

Along with sorting out the importer to support the new HHs in Party, there are a few other bug fixes. The full revision list is below.

No new features yet I'm afraid. I hope to get v0.2 out next week.

Build 0.1.2019 (2005/07/11)
- Now works with new PartyPoker file format
+ Console shows descriptive errors on problem with import (wrong player name, file access error, not a HH, wrong game type)
- Filter problem with times in AM/PM format fixed.
- Tournies over 60 minutes duration display bug fixed.
+ Duration for poker tracker tournies (not supported in PT yet) is set to a default of 40 minutes. Can be changed in the config file.
+ Console now lists file in a new column.
- File access error on importing HHs now handled neatly.
. Import from poker tracker doesn't default to ptrack.mdb anymore

citanul
07-12-2005, 07:19 PM
i'm a gonna sticky this for 24 hours or so.

citanul

WarDekar
07-12-2005, 07:53 PM
I was having this problem with the previous version which is why I stopped using it - At least half of my files have File Access Errors! I'm not really sure why, though. Granted I don't wait until the tourney is over to close the window (clearly) but I don't see why that should be a problem. Any other ideas why this would be the case?

ZeroPointMachine
07-12-2005, 08:01 PM
All Hail Hood!!!

Thanks for the great little piece of software and the quick fix. The last 36 hours have been so traumatic I now find myself posting on this site.....

Big Limpin'
07-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Big'ups for Hood...SnG Tracker is the nuts, and i just want to give you a publc thankyou. The ratio of "important" stats : time consumed tracking is the best.

pearljam
07-12-2005, 09:24 PM
I had problems with the old version as it didnt accept about 1/4th of my hand histories, now the new one sais my username was not found in about 1/4th of the tourneys. *sigh* this thing is really cool but it never picks up all my tourneys.

zaphod
07-12-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big'ups for Hood...SnG Tracker is the nuts, and i just want to give you a publc thankyou. The ratio of "important" stats : time consumed tracking is the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes SNG Tracker is really great. Very good job Hood!

ZeroPointMachine
07-12-2005, 09:32 PM
The biggest thing you have to beware of is leaving tables too quickly. I was really bad about this (especially after a win). When you do this it cuts off the hand history and SNG Tracker cannot parse it.

Newt_Buggs
07-12-2005, 09:55 PM
thanks for the update and the sticky

infinite_loop
07-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Awesome. Thanks for continuing to support it. I feel your software, with it's graphing, really compliments pokertracker and gives me a better sense of how I'm doing.

raptor517
07-12-2005, 10:02 PM
ty. holla

claimsguy
07-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the quick update...

cha59
07-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks Hood.

SNG Tracker is great!

jadducci
07-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Did anyone else's profit graph go from 1 quandrant to 2? it makes my profits look like crap!!

Zelcious
07-13-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm alive again, thanks Hood !

microbet
07-13-2005, 03:50 AM
Doesn't affect me. I don't use this software.

I just wanted to say, "damn! you are a good moderator."

pearljam
07-13-2005, 06:42 AM
wow, awsome, I usually x out emmediatly when im busted out, sometimes before the chips are even passed to the winner of the hand. thanks for the heads up and I will see if it works now.

Unarmed
07-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Hood,

SNG Tracker is the only place I have all my HHs stored (Empire deletes em from my hard drive after a month I think) If I delete the old copy and install the new one am I gonna lose all this data?

Thanks.

tigerite
07-13-2005, 07:44 AM
You don't lose the data. Or your preferences as far as I could tell (i.e. watch folders, etc)

Big Limpin'
07-13-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hood,

SNG Tracker is the only place I have all my HHs stored (Empire deletes em from my hard drive after a month I think) If I delete the old copy and install the new one am I gonna lose all this data?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just went throught the uninstall/reinstall...and it didnt drop a beat.

I even copied my existing database to desktop, planning to copy it back into the new C:/ProgramFIles/SnGTracker folder, but i never had to. Somehow it jsut picked up where it left off.

BL'

Hood
07-13-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hood,

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you won't lose your data, the database isn't remove on uninstallation. However if you're paranoid, feel free to back up the database (by default this is c:\program files\sng tracker\data.sng).

Infact it's probably good to back this up regularly anyway if it's important to you.

[ QUOTE ]
You don't lose the data. Or your preferences as far as I could tell (i.e. watch folders, etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, you do lose your preferences. This includes the default player name, window positions, and column sizes. However things like watch folders are stored in the database (the .sng file) so you shouldn't lose those.

Unarmed
07-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Great, thanks guys.

fnord_too
07-13-2005, 08:51 AM
I installed this, but I have converted to postgresSQL, any plans to support that in the future? (I also have that big ass spreadsheet, but that crashes since you need to log in to the database server. I suppose I could export all the hand histories and summaries...)

Hood
07-13-2005, 09:25 AM
I will look at supporting the postgreSQL db in v0.2.

fnord_too
07-13-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will look at supporting the postgreSQL db in v0.2.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOOHOOO! (I JUST found out about postgressql support for PT and my S&G DB was the first one I converted since that's what I am playing most right now.)

gildwulf
07-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks a ton Hood.

Bluff Daddy
07-13-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No new features yet I'm afraid. I hope to get v0.2 out next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

slacker

Jonathan
07-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi,
I created a new database for PokerStars and tried
importing the data, but it didn't read any of the
hand histories.

Does tracker not work with PokerStars files stored on
the hard drive?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hood
07-13-2005, 07:08 PM
No

Bluff Daddy
07-13-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hood,

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can change the settings to where it wont delete them after a month

swiftrhett
07-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I use PokerTracker and that Super_SNG spreadsheet. Does this have any advantage over that other than being free?

Hood
07-14-2005, 03:08 AM
I've you're interested, read about it on the site. If you prefer the spreadsheet, there's no need to switch.

Thoth
07-14-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Empire deletes em from my hard drive after a month I think

[/ QUOTE ]

You can change your Empire settings so they only get deleted after 1 year.