PDA

View Full Version : POCKET rockets, some logic. 5-10 hand

Tyler Durden
02-16-2003, 02:29 PM
I'm in the BB with AA.

UTG limps, EP raises, MP 3-bets, SB caps it. This is pretty nice, eh?? Five players see the flop. $100 in pot.

Flop is 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif.
SB bets out, I raise, everyone calls. $150 in the pot now.

Turn is 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif.
SB bets out AGAIN, i raise AGAIN, everyone calls. $250 in the pot.

River is 9 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif.
SB checks, I bet, UTG raises, all fold back to me and I call.

I'd love to get comments on all streets.
Results later, thank you muchly.

Clarkmeister
02-18-2003, 02:40 AM
Roy Cooke had an article recently where he folded on the flop in almost exactly this situation. There was a thread in medium stakes discussing it, you may want to read it.

Personally, I think a lot depends on whether or not you have the Ac.

JTG51
02-18-2003, 02:44 AM
Clarkmeister, wasn't the flop 3 of the same suit in Roy's article? That's a pretty significant difference.

Also, didn't most of the forum think it was a bad fold? I think I'll have to look that one up and reread it.

Clarkmeister
02-18-2003, 02:50 AM
Yeah, it might have been. I just remember thinking the article was similar. I think the consensus in that thread was that it was close.

On this hand, I need to know the suit of his ace before I know how I'd play it. This isn't exactly an easy spot, especially when you don't know any of the players involved.

Stu Pidasso
02-18-2003, 03:00 AM
I think you played it fine

Stu

JTG51
02-18-2003, 03:01 AM
This isn't exactly an easy spot, especially when you don't know any of the players involved.

You won't get any argument from me there. I didn't respond to Tyler's original post because I didn't have a very good answer. I don't think he had particularly easy decisions on any street except before the flop. Even that may be questionable with all this 'fold AA before the flop' stuff that's going around. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

anatta
02-18-2003, 03:08 AM
On the rver, if these guys are typical players, the only person who could have an 8 would be UTG. I think you made a strong bet. You know you have to call on the end.

Oh..and good call pre-flop too.

MarkD
02-18-2003, 03:10 AM
I would check the river. 9 would make me think "check and call one bet".

I like the rest of the hand a lot.

JTG51
02-18-2003, 03:18 AM
Here's a link to the Roy Cooke thread Clarkmeister brought up.

Remarkable Roy Cooke Hand (http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=mediumholdem&Number=92 194&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Roy%20Cooke&Match=Entir e%20Phrase&Searchpage=7&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main =92194&Search=true#Post92194)

While the three flush flop in that hand instead of the the two flush flop in Tyler's hand makes the things quite different, it's still very interesting reading.

JTG51
02-18-2003, 03:30 AM
Well, I was way off. I just reread the thread. Almost everyone thought it was an 'easy' fold. Vince was just about the only one who wanted to play on.

That thread reminded me how much I miss reading Bob Morgan's hand posts. Looks like I'll be making another trip to the archives.

Stu Pidasso
02-18-2003, 03:35 AM
Roy was screwed on this flop. I agree with the fold

Stu