PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 NL flop decision with overpair

elindauer
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't generally play NL and was curious if you consider this to be a fairly straightforward decision.

party 2/4, 8am California time. This game is playing fairly tight, lots of nut peddlers. Not a tough game, but perhaps not extremely profitable either.

UTG limps. I (~$400) make it $15 w/ KK. BB (~$275) makes it $26 (min raise). UTG folds, I make it $50. BB makes it $74 (min raise). I call.

Now at this point, the BB has about enough for 1 pot sized bet. Assuming he fires his last $200 into the $160 pot on the flop, what flops are you calling? All? Everything without an ace? Nothing without a king?

The flop I got was Q84 r. Play?

Thanks.
Eric

amoeba
07-12-2005, 06:13 PM
I am more likely to fold Q high flops than A high flops as there really is no way a tight guy puts in a non all in 4 bet with AK or AQ.

I would have just called his initial reraise most of the time instead of reraising to 50.

once he makes it 74, I might just call for set value.

elindauer
07-12-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am more likely to fold Q high flops than A high flops as there really is no way a tight guy puts in a non all in 4 bet with AK or AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you are folding Q high flops? Or you're calling, just liking it less?

[ QUOTE ]
I would have just called his initial reraise most of the time instead of reraising to 50.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're never reraising a preflop min 3-bet then?

Sephus
07-12-2005, 06:45 PM
first off BB is an idiot.

i think you have a fold when he pushes the flop and you don't flop a set, even more so because the flop has a queen. a clear fold.

i'm assuming a fourth raise preflop is not commonplace for this game...

amoeba
07-12-2005, 06:51 PM
I am folding a Q high flop about 90% of the time.

would have to have a very good read on opponent to call here.

TheWorstPlayer
07-12-2005, 06:54 PM
In a 'tight' game, I don't like the re-raise with KK. And I'm probably folding all flops WITHOUT an A. With an ace, I'm probably calling because it makes AA less likely and most people will slowplay top set.

elindauer
07-13-2005, 03:31 PM
I fold the flop, BB shows AA.

JaBlue
07-13-2005, 04:46 PM
After the raise to 76$ I put him on AA and play accordingly. That means folding the flop without a Q.