PDA

View Full Version : PP 10/20 A5s against LAG

ChicagoTroy
07-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Same villain as before. Appeared to be very laggy/tilty at this point, though after the session was reviewed maybe just a little too aggressive with legitimate PF raising hands (and a few borderline ones) that weren't winning. My image is straightforward, maybe a little timid (1st 10/20 SH session)

PP $10-20 5 Handed

Here is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Two folds, Villan (CO) raises, button folds, SB folds, I 3-bet, Villan calls.

Flop comes J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, Villain calls.

Turn J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, Villain calls.

River K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, Villain bets, I call. Checking felt dirty here.

baronzeus
07-12-2005, 06:02 PM
You played this fine.

___1___
07-12-2005, 06:17 PM
ChicagoTroy,

River is perfect.

___1___

JrJordan
07-12-2005, 07:07 PM
If he's tilty and overaggro right now, this seems like a great spot for a turn c/r. If he folds to your c/r, that's fine two because he's most likely drawing to a 6 outer that you would be happy to see fold. Barring a great read to do this, your line is perfect.

Surfbullet
07-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I like your line. He'll bluff at that river with busted club draws + unpaired hands.

Surf

jph0424
07-12-2005, 07:46 PM
I play it the same. I think that is definitely the best river line.

JrJordan
07-12-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's tilty and overaggro right now, this seems like a great spot for a turn c/r. If he folds to your c/r, that's fine two because he's most likely drawing to a 6 outer that you would be happy to see fold. Barring a great read to do this, your line is perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else care to comment on the turn c/r idea here?

Surfbullet
07-12-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else care to comment on the turn c/r idea here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like mixing up my lines, and throwing a turn c/r in where it's not expected can be a good idea. Here, however, we risk a free card by a flush draw, and hands with 5-6 outs aren't drawing profitably and we'd like them to bluff at the river, which we can do by betting the turn and checking the river (which looks extremely weak).

Surf

Victor
07-12-2005, 08:05 PM
call pf and checkraise the flop or just checkcall all the way down. against 10-20 lags, when out of position, just let them bluff off all the chips. if you insist on getting in dickwaving contests with small aces expect your variance to skyrocket.

for this reason the river play is perfect.

ChicagoTroy
07-13-2005, 01:29 PM
So this was pretty straightforward, thanks for the replies.

Villain has pocket 7's and MHING.