PDA

View Full Version : When oppurtunity meets someone who is prepared it = LUCK

Mike Gallo
02-16-2003, 02:04 PM
I had a very poor player sitting two seats to my left in a 5-10 hold em game last night. I locked horns with this player several times. Here is another one of those hands.

I complete the small blind with 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif .
Call me loose, however with 4 people seeing the flop, I thought I got a bargain to call for only $ 3 extra. The big blind checks and we see the hand 5 handed. I have confidence that I play a bit better than everyone at the table I can get away from the hand if I miss, I will milk it for all its worth if I hit.

Flop
A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I lead out with bottom pair, weak flush draw straight flush draw. Hero calls along with one other player.

Turn A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

I have a small two pair, a flush draw a gut shot straight draw and a straight flush draw. I bet, hero raises other player calls, I call. I thought reraising might have been a mistake.

River A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I check hero bets, caller folds. I raise, hero calls and shows AK offsuit.

I didnt need the flush because I had him beat on the turn.

At the end of the hand, this player berated me saying " I thought you only played good cards" I replied, " the magic wand is only as good as the magician".

This player considered what happened to him a bad beat. Too bad he doesnt understand he let the bad beat happen to himself. If he had open raised from UTG with the same hand, I would never have had the chance to adminster a "bad" beat on him

Allan
02-16-2003, 02:49 PM
I wanna know why you think rerasing the turn is a mistake. Are you worried about the cold caller? Hero's play looks like a delayed "charge the flush draw double on the expensive street" raise. If you do get 4 bet you have outs to catch up. Though with the cold caller your flush outs may or may not be good. If your 2 pair is good and cold caller is on the flush draw you are making it real nice and expensive for that opponent to continue on with the draw. So I think reraise and hope for a non flush card = OK.

Allan

Mike Gallo
02-16-2003, 02:57 PM
. If you do get 4 bet you have outs to catch up. Though with the cold caller your flush outs may or may not be good.

I wanted to get off a check raise on the river. I figured the best way for that to happen would be to smooth call his raise and trap him and the other player for a double bet on the end. Especially if the board didnt counterfeit.