PDA

View Full Version : Are you folding hands like these?

LoaferGee12
07-12-2005, 05:24 PM
A hand like this is a common occurrance for me. I'm not sure folds like this are the reason for my low WTSD%. Assume a typical opponent that really hasn't shown anything out of the ordinary.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 bets, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG folds, MP3 folds.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero folds.

Final Pot:

Another instance may be if the board came K66 and the same betting pattern followed.
Oops, converter messed up.

car ramrod
07-12-2005, 05:26 PM
I'm definately not open folding.

deception5
07-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Either you are seriously weak tight or there is a converter issue /images/graemlins/smile.gif

btspider
07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
party is rigged. this is proof.

GrunchCan
07-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Funniest converter goof I've seen in a while.

chaz64
07-12-2005, 05:34 PM
I'd try a fold-raise myself.

LoaferGee12
07-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Geez, I thought it was just messed up the turn. Fixed the whole thing.. I think.

2+2 Junkie
07-12-2005, 05:40 PM
A check raise here, IMO, means either a set, or the flush. You have only top pair, with decent kicker. Easy fold IMO.

A bit confused at the hand conversion, since there are people missing here, but I would raise with KJ off, the hand might play differently from there.

Eeegah
07-12-2005, 05:41 PM
We need reads and limits. You can probably call down with what you have, but if the guy's a donk I'm folding to this c/r.

Hojglad
07-12-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We need reads and limits. You can probably call down with what you have, but if the guy's a donk I'm folding to this c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]
Donk or not, he called two cold on the flop, and checkraised us on the turn. We probably don't have a re-draw. He has two pair, a flush, or just as bad - a set. Stop paying off turn checkraises with top pair. Stop paying off turn checkraises with top pair. Stop paying off turn.... well you get the idea. Nice hand. Very well played.

LoaferGee12
07-12-2005, 05:47 PM
2/4.

shadow29
07-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Turn c/rs at 2/4 and higher mean that internet donkey can beat TPTK.

There is a special breed that I encountered a few times at 2/4 , and a bit more frequently at 3/6 SH that c/r the turn only with nothing. I don't think that this guy is one of them, but be on the lookout (you can find out by seeing a odd street aggression factor like: .5 flop, 3 turn, .5 river or an unusually high c/r%). If that's the case, you can find out by calling down a turn c/r with like TPTK and no flush board).

AmarilloJim1
07-12-2005, 06:31 PM
IMO, I'm not folding here every time.

1. I don't like to fold on the same street I bet on. That is, all the time...I like to mix it up.

Also, this is read dependant...what has villian shown down in the past or shown aggression with?

FWIW

gmandan
07-12-2005, 07:08 PM
The converter doesn't seem to convert the new hand history files correctly. You can fix this by deleting the Texas in "Texas Hold'em" on the top.

Watain
07-12-2005, 07:16 PM
I just freaking hate these kinds af situations. Unless i had a read on villian i would tend to fold. The flush draw is just to likely, furthermore a set could be the case or a king with a better kicker.

flyangler
07-12-2005, 08:40 PM
:grunching:
What level are you playing this hand at?
Assuming this is less than 1/2 then I would probably just slow down and make the call for both the turn RR and the assumed river raise. This is a tough call though. I tend to be a bit loose so take it for what it's worth.
What about a pfr? I know KJ is not a good hand but with all those limpers in front of you, I might throw a raise out to clear out some of the junk hands. (Which may include your villain assuming he called your flop raise with xx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)
Too loose?
-flyangler-

flyangler
07-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Well since I know now that it's 2/4 I would fold after the CR - just like everyone else said! lol but really the play at the .25/.50 and .50/1.00 tables I play at PR are generally so awful that I would call it down. At 1/2 and above I would have to fold.
-flyangler-

grjr
07-13-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Donk or not, he called two cold on the flop, and checkraised us on the turn. We probably don't have a re-draw. He has two pair, a flush, or just as bad - a set. Stop paying off turn checkraises with top pair. Stop paying off turn checkraises with top pair. Stop paying off turn.... well you get the idea. Nice hand. Very well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey tehmatt, do you play on Party? What is your screen name? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, if I'm BB here and I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif I'm checkraising the turn. Thanks for laying down your top pair. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

shadow29
07-13-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hey tehmatt, do you play on Party? What is your screen name? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, if I'm BB here and I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif I'm checkraising the turn. Thanks for laying down your top pair. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A turn fold to the c/r against a standard Party 2/4 player is correct here.

grjr
07-13-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A turn fold to the c/r against a standard Party 2/4 player is correct here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. That's why I like playing against 2+2ers. /images/graemlins/wink.gif