PDA

View Full Version : Another poker prophecy debauchle

johnnybeef
07-12-2005, 05:23 PM
I just tried to log in to my empire account only to find that it has been closed due to "multiple usage of poker prophecy". Just wanted to warn every one else here.

Johnny.

adanthar
07-12-2005, 05:28 PM
I think I got off easy - picked a good time to take a couple of days off and never loaded up PP. It's now off my hard drive and I haven't even gotten a letter.

Too bad, I did like it in certain specific situations but I can't say I'll miss the spamming or the table coaches insulting the donks' win rates.

duke44
07-12-2005, 05:43 PM
We have a note up on our homepage warning people to not use and uninstall the software version of our program. The web based searches are undetectable. Part of this message is a recommendation that no one buy our product for Party for now. Although people are buying it anyway for the web searches it appears (and maybe because Party/skins have labeled it an "unfair advantage").

At any rate, if you are a customer we definitely recommend reading the note at the top of our homepage. We'll keep it updated periodically. It also appears customers with certain types of firewalls can't be hacked by Party, but we are making 100% sure before we release this information.

To date we know of 4 accounts that have been closed, all by Empire, with the money returned immediately via Neteller (or via check if Neteller is unavailable).

1C5
07-12-2005, 05:45 PM
On a side note, what about GT+ or PV.

No closings due to those yet?

citanul
07-12-2005, 05:46 PM
glad you [censored] clowns got around to at least putting a note on your home page.

citanul

ewing55
07-12-2005, 06:09 PM
And you guys wondered what the new Party/Empire software upgrade was all about.

(I have no idea, I'm just guessing.)

---------------Jeff /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

duke44
07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
It was about many things, but one of the things is that instead of sending e-mails, they are posting warnings right at your table in a pop up now which I think if they are serious about doing this is the only fair way to do it.

It seems though that we've found a free firewall that solves the issue of Party scanning your harddrive (for anything) or screen scraping, now we are kind of torn about what to do about it....

We'll think on it for awhile.

gumpzilla
07-12-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It seems though that we've found a free firewall that solves the issue of Party scanning your harddrive (for anything) or screen scraping, now we are kind of torn about what to do about it....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll freely admit that I'm pretty ignorant about these things, but I'm not inclined to believe that you've found any such thing. Unless they send the screen-scrape data to some other address, how are you preventing that information from going to Party without also preventing necessary game play information? Furthermore, I think that if Party notices that they are not getting data that they expect from your machine they're going to get pretty upset and figure something sneaky is going on anyway, so I don't see how this could be a realistic solution.

duke44
07-12-2005, 06:38 PM
It's a farely common firewall. We were skeptical as well, but only about 30% of our current and new customers were getting e-mails from Party (skins). So we began to look into it. We've also never received an e-mail from an AOL dial-up customer about the Party message.

We're not sure why it works, but in 10 accounts we've tested it does (we'll test 100 before we say which firewall works, if we do at all). We suppose that Party could ban all firewalls, but that would be a little extreme even for them. They are already having problems/account closings from people that are upset that they can have access to their personal information. But based on the way Party has been acting, the possibility exists that they might just close down their site and put up a message that says "We win".

Blarg
07-12-2005, 07:22 PM
So to be clear, they don't care if you do the web-based searches?

I'm not sure how much to believe this.

duke44
07-12-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm sure they care. However, they haven't ever detected anyone doing this, and it seems like their focus is on HUD's and software programs. Theoretically, it is possible to search for this, but the labor requirements are prohibitive. I guess we'd be flattered if Party hired 50 employees just for us, but we don't think they like us that much.

SuitedSixes
07-12-2005, 07:31 PM
If only Party knew how inaccurate it is, they probably wouldn't care.

newfant
07-12-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But based on how much our software sucks , the possibility exists that they might just close down our site and put up a message that says " You lose".

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

rohjoh
07-12-2005, 07:55 PM
My buddy had his account closed for using Poker Prophecy last night. He does not use it, but he played on my PC, and I have it on my PC. I use Eurobet, and have had no problems, but I am not taking any chances. I have deleted it off my computer. They did refund his $$$$, but it has been a huge nightmare.

infinite_loop
07-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Is this firewall ZoneAlarm or SP2's?

duke44
07-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Those might work as well, it looks like several work. We aren't quite ready to say "Here's the one that 100% works". Party is not just choosing to ignore 70% of our customer base, there is a reason that a high percentage of our customers aren't receiving e-mails.

allenciox
07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
make that 5. Mine has also been closed... ;-(