PDA

View Full Version : Bubble hand--your action?

Bigwig
07-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Party $55.

Please add your comments as well as your vote. Thanks.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1355)
UTG (t1270)
Button (t4775)
SB (t2600)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1270 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t870.

vinyard
07-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I call and curse the gods. I think Q5o is exactly 50/50 against a random hand, he should be pushing a lot of hands and, most importantly you are screwed in the SB next hand. Villian is in the BB next hand, will have 1870 before posting. Assuming you get a chance to push into an open pot (an unsafe assumption), you will statistically have a worse hand that Q5o, and he'll be calling off less than a third of his stack after posting the blind.

DarrenX
07-12-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call and curse the gods. I think Q5o is exactly 50/50 against a random hand, he should be pushing a lot of hands and, most importantly you are screwed in the SB next hand. Villian is in the BB next hand, will have 1870 before posting. Assuming you get a chance to push into an open pot (an unsafe assumption), you will statistically have a worse hand that Q5o, and he'll be calling off less than a third of his stack after posting the blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said- I was going to same something more like, "I scowl in disgust and call", but you get the idea... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bigwig
07-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Bump.

45suited
07-13-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Hell, you might even be ahead of UTG given how loose some people are in this spot. Unlikely, but possible. I call here though either way for the reasons stated above. I'm a little surprised at the poll numbers on this one. I thought there would be more callers. Any folders want to give their reasoning?

Mr_J
07-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Can't see a fold here is good at all. First all, if you fold you lose all FE and are clearly the shortest stack and will have to race soon.

He's short and a fold in the BB next hand takes away any FE he has. The other shorty is in the BB (who he has FE against) and I think the range of hands he'll be pushing is very large. With the odds you're getting vs his likely range this is a call for me.

Matt R.
07-13-2005, 01:24 AM
I was one of the fold voters, but it may be wrong since the $55's are higher than I play. At the lower levels, it will be folded to you on the next hand a LOT. I would push any 2 here. You'd have 1355 next hand, which is enough to cripple the BB next hand if he calls and loses. Even though he'll bet getting 2:1, I still think a lot of players will fold total trash here when it's for 80% of their chips (e.g. maybe they will think they can push the next hand if they get dealt some offsuit trash this hand). This is a dubious assumption though, so my other reason was that since he's pushing UTG, he may have a semi-decent hand, not just a random one (you're only ahead of a random one). I may rather take my chances pushing from the SB as a 50/50.

All of the above is what I MIGHT do at the level I play, $20+2. Against better players, I'd probably feel forced to call here, which is likely the case at the $50+5's (just thought I'd offer an opposing point of view).