PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 Short vs. Frequent Blind Stealer

ChicagoTroy
07-12-2005, 04:57 PM
My first foray into $10-20.

Villan has open raised every time it's been folded to him from the button to CO+1 for the last four orbits. He's aggressive and seeing few showdowns. After reviewing the session he was pretty clearly sane, but at the time it was hard to tell.

I get J /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB.

Folded to Villain in CO who raises, only I call. Not feeling very good about it, but I get the sense I need to avoid getting robbed every orbit.

Flop comes 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, he bets, I call

Turn 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Check bet call.

River Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, he bets, I raise, he 3-bets. Cap or call? What about the previous streets?

Thanks

ISF
07-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Really easy cap. Most agressive 10/20 players will threebet as little as two pair here, and you have the fourth nuts.

Surfbullet
07-12-2005, 05:06 PM
I fold here preflop. I'd like a little bit more of a hand (I'd call with J7s or J8o, mainly because I can trust a pair of 8s more than a pair of 5s when seeing a showdown).

I check-raise the turn. Turn c/r bluffs are common on a scare card such as the flush, so you may get paid by something as low as A-high. Any big /images/graemlins/club.gif will call and you'd like them to pay as much as possible to see the river.

Given that we got to the river given your action, I cap here every time and don't think twice about it. Straights/Sets/2pairs/overpairs etc are way way more likely than a higher flush. If he has A/images/graemlins/club.gifX/images/graemlins/club.gif good for him.

Surf

___1___
07-12-2005, 05:07 PM
ChicagoTroy,

Preflop...a little loose for my taste but sure.

Flop...I checkraise that flop every time. The combination of flush draw, overcard, and the fold equity of your bet on the turn makes this an easy decision, IMO.

Turn...Considering how you played it, I donkebet the turn. I like the donkbet b/c 1) its appears a weaker play than a checkraise 2) the turn won't get checked through

River...Again considering the play of the hand, I don't like that check at all. He can just check it through too often. Oh, and easy cap on the river.

___1___

Victor
07-12-2005, 05:09 PM
if you dont want to get robbed blind then checraise the flop and lead the turn.

ChicagoTroy
07-12-2005, 05:20 PM
He had 6 6 for the turned set and MHIG.

I'm still used to a turn CR scaring the crap out of 5/10 SH players, and I was worried about losing bets. When he 3-bet my river CR, I got spooked and pussed out. Won't be happenning again.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

MAxx
07-12-2005, 05:21 PM
i fold pf,

i cr flop, lead turn, 3bet turn..... if he caps...I may cr river.

baronzeus
07-12-2005, 06:07 PM
This call is fine preflop.

I c/r flop, call if 3bet.

c/r river if flush hits, 3bet, cap, whatever need be. Just because your flush sucks doesn't mean villain has a better one HU.

Surfbullet
07-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Oh yeah I forgot, I c/r flop and lead turn too, I totally missed that.

Surf

JrJordan
07-12-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm still at 5/10, but this seems like a great flop c/r, turn bet situation. You've got plenty of outs and a lot of folding equity against a thinking blind stealer.

The way you played it, I'd certainly c/r the turn and keep firing from there.

cartman
07-12-2005, 11:12 PM
For all of you guys who checkraise the flop and lead the turn, do you take this line against typical or unknown opponents at 5/10. Maybe it is just that I am pretty demanding in my table selection, but my typicall opponent will NEVER fold to a flop CR and a turn bet after raising preflop. They will gladly call a river bet as well with any Ace high or better. That means that in order to have a chance at making him fold K or Q high you have to CR the flop, bet the turn, and bet the river. It seems awfully -EV.

Is the tyical 10/20 opponent capable of folding on the turn?

What am I failing to understand here?

Thanks,
Cartman

mperich
07-12-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but my typicall opponent will NEVER fold to a flop CR and a turn bet after raising preflop. They will gladly call a river bet as well with any Ace high or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're typical opponent sounds a lot like me. I don't like a c/r on the flop either without a read. Then again, I play my draws pretty (too?) passively.

-Mike

sthief09
07-13-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but my typicall opponent will NEVER fold to a flop CR and a turn bet after raising preflop. They will gladly call a river bet as well with any Ace high or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're typical opponent sounds a lot like me. I don't like a c/r on the flop either without a read. Then again, I play my draws pretty (too?) passively.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

playing my draws more passively because people don't fold is something I've had to learn, but against people who steal too much it's important to play at them. they can't have a pair or A high everytime. against "normal" people, I'm all for playing them passively.

bambi
07-13-2005, 02:46 AM
I lead the flop, hoping and assuming he will raise, then call, check raise the turn, lead the river, if he 3 bets me on the turn, i cap and still lead the river.

Good or No Good?, I think by leading the flop and check raising the turn, you might make A high fold the river if your flush doesnt come in, Or is this being to hopeful?

sthief09
07-13-2005, 02:52 AM
you're spewing chips with J high against someone who will probably call you down pretty damn often