PDA

View Full Version : EPIC hand, for fun only.....

Dentist
02-16-2003, 11:47 AM
I'll admit it, this is just a hooray for me post, but it was so good I had to write it somewhere.

6-12 Hold 'em

I'm in the cutoff seat with Qc9c in an unraised pot. I call. (I know this is a fairly marginal call, but I did it.)

4 take the flop, SB, BB, guy to my right, and me.

Flop comes 10c Jc Kc

HOLY CRAP, I just flopped the nut straight flush in my pants!!!!!

It was checked to me, and I went ahead and bet (possibly not the best move, but my hand qualified as the "high hand of the day jackpot" at my B&M, so I was virtually guaranteed at least $60 on this hand.)

SB calls, BB folds, guy to my right calls... YAY!

8c comes on the turn. now I have a 6 card striaght flush.

checked to me, I bet... SB calls??? guy to my right folds.

River... 2c the whole board is now clubs.

SB checks (by the way, SB is a TERRIBLE female player) ... (when the club hit, I started getting stupid saying.... 'wow, now I've got a flush too!!'

I bet, SB check-raised me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy crap, well, obviously she had the A of clubs.

I re-raised, she re-raised, and it went back in forth for 5 bets until she was all-in....

So I took down a nice pot and the jackpot!
Shouldn't the SB suspected something after about the 2nd re-raise??

Anyway, that's my best hand EVER and it was totally sweet.

I will take any suggestions though in terms of how I could have gotten more bets... (I know I couldn't have gotten any more than all her chips.... if only she'd had more - how far might she have gone???)

Tyler Durden
02-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Great, great hand man. Hitting a straight flush is awesome.

I hit a gutshot SF on the river, but to flop it, that's incredible.

Ed Miller
02-16-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm in the cutoff seat with Qc9c in an unraised pot. I call. (I know this is a fairly marginal call, but I did it.)

This is not really a marginal call.

Dentist
02-16-2003, 05:53 PM
mk,

So you would have folded straight up?? I didn't think it was that bad of a call.....

I was pretty sure the blinds weren't raising, and the button showed me he was folding by his action.

I think I would normally call with this hand under the circumstances.

But I appreciate the feedback.

Ed Miller
02-16-2003, 06:20 PM
So you would have folded straight up?? I didn't think it was that bad of a call.....

Hehe.. no mate... it's a clear call, not a marginal call.

Bob T.
02-16-2003, 11:56 PM
With someone who limped in the CO-1, I think that you need to consider raising here. Never fold.