PDA

View Full Version : Help with sh blind play

Sinnister
07-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Ok ive asked this question millions of times no one ever answers this post. Can someone plz tell me which hands to call a raise with in bb and sb. also what hands to play in sb. Thanks!

PokerBob
07-12-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok ive asked this question millions of times no one ever answers this post. Can someone plz tell me which hands to call a raise with in bb and sb. also what hands to play in sb. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extremely situation/read dependent. I could give you an answer, but it would take a LONG time. If you post specific hands, you'll get a much better response. Unfortunately, there is no magic formula. Learning what to play when in these situations just comes with experience.

___1___
07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Sinnister,

There's a reason noone is answering this question...

IT DEPENDS!

It depends on the table dynamics, the players involved, your image, AND HOW GOOD YOU PLAY POSTFLOP (among other things).

Especially in the blinds, you can't think of which hands to play in terms of hand charts. You just can't think that way if you want to get better. You have to think of the game in it's "totality" i.e. SHANIA. The sooner you realize this, the better off you'll be.

Another reason noone is answering is b/c good blind play is very difficult shorthanded. It would seriously take about 500kish hands in PT to start to figure out how blind hands do with a decent sample. It's just very difficult to gather the necessary information to really evaluate, with any degree of certainty, how marginal hands do out of the blinds (to a raise).

___1___

Sinnister
07-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Ok, in ssh it says to call with any 2 suited cards in the sb, does this apply in shorthanded games as well, how many callers should i have before playing ANY 2 suited cards.

___1___
07-12-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, in ssh it says to call with any 2 suited cards in the sb, does this apply in shorthanded games as well, how many callers should i have before playing ANY 2 suited cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Peter_Rus says call with any 2 suited in the sb with 2+ limpers. Of course, Peter plays very well postflop. That's a little loose for me though. I'll call ALMOST any 2 suited in the sb with 3 limpers.

___1___