PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 hand

catlover
07-12-2005, 02:11 PM
I am particularly interested in thoughts about my turn play.

30/60 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

seabass74
07-12-2005, 02:15 PM
It would help to have some tracker #'s on his play but without reads, I call down here after the 3 bet. Could be AK, QQ, or a weak King/flush draw that you can chop with on the river.

Preflop is fine, bear in mind I've never played this high online.

MrStretchie
07-12-2005, 02:17 PM
So I assume you called preflop and flop because you thought he was stealing, right? (If you're behind, you obviously don't have pot odds..)

So why just call along? The only reason I can see is if you figured he'd fold to a turn raise. Or Maybe steal and continuation bet with absolutely nothing, and you're just calling down hoping he has &lt; k high and doesn't hit the board... but that doesn't seem like a good idea..

So if you're just calling along expecting him to fold to a raise on the turn, why do you raise the turn when you hit?

These actions just don't make sense together in my mind.

Edit: I agree with the preflop call. It's just the flop call combined with the turn CR when you Hit that seems odd to me.

Also, as it was, I'd call that down after the reraise.

catlover
07-12-2005, 02:47 PM
I agree the flop is close. I felt that it was worth a call due to the combination of the following:

1) On average, most opponents will bet 95% of the time here.
2) I have an overcard.
3) I may have the best hand.
4) I have a backdoor flush draw.

Take away the backdoor flush draw, and I would have folded.

Turning Stone Pro
07-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Easy pre-flop call, but I muck on the flop. Seeing that you called, I would lead the turn, and check-call the river.

TSP

lil feller
07-12-2005, 04:00 PM
PF is easy. Flop is close.

After you hit a K, you are now either way in front, or way behind (if he hit one too, or if he has QT). I'd c/c the turn, if he's bluffing let him continue to do so. If you think he'll bet the river, c/c then too. If not, donkbet and call a raise.

lf

highlife
07-12-2005, 04:08 PM
flop call non withstanding...folding top pair heads up against a blindsteal is generally a bad thing to do.

lead the turn, if raised, check/call the river.

Nightwish
07-12-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Take away the backdoor flush draw, and I would have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize that you'll make that backdoor flush only 4 percent of the time, right? And even when you do make it, you probably won't make much money on it because you're HU.