PDA

View Full Version : Scary Board...Questional River Play

webgator
07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Only been at the table for a few hands, no reads on the players.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO checks, 1 fold, SB raises, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO folds<font color="#666666"></font>.

Being a little cautious, I called down on my pocket 10's.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero Raises, MP3 folds, SB 3 bets, Hero Caps.

Obviously here I'm thinking I have this beat, though SB could be playing anything with a Q or high PP, including QQ.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero Bets, SB Calls.

Ok, now I'm placing him with a high PP and no Q, otherwise he would've re-raised.

River: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero Bets, SB Raises, Hero 3 Bets, SB Calls.

Uh oh, third Q rears her ugly head, but again SB checks, so I figure he has no Q until he uses the good ole c/r.

Final Pot: 15 bb

So, was I right to re-raise the river with this board or should I have just called?

Bradyams
07-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Preflop - Raise

Flop - Goot

Turn - Goot

River - This is really tough. You would think if he had the Q he easily would have c/r the turn, but maybe he thought it was a split pot on the turn, and then knew that it wouldn't be a split pot once the case Q hit, so now he c/r. Without a read I'm pretty sure I'd only call the c/r.

That's a really tough one though given the turn play, and I wouldn't be surprised if my thinking is way off here.

Glad to see that he didn't have the last Queen though /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now that I think about it more I like the river 3-bet, and think it has some good value to it. SB was the preflop aggressor, and was aggressive on the flop. I'm thinking he has AA or KK here, and is scared of trip tens with all of the aggression your showing. Once the river hits he thinks your "boat" has been counterfeited so he c/r his QQQAA or QQQKK thinking he has the best hand. I think this will be the case more often than not so a 3bet here is goot in my opinion.

newfant
07-12-2005, 02:15 PM
I woulda played it the same. He could have easily put you on three tens and figured his JJ, KK, or AA was good once that river queen hit. Or, since this is micro-limit, he may have figured it was a split and wanted to bluff you out.

Of course, you'll prolly never see another hand like this again in your life. I've been playing for two years and can't remember ever seeing quads over quads.

tiltaholic
07-12-2005, 02:16 PM
definitely raise preflop the first time.

i'd reraise the river and hope.
looks like you won.

Eeegah
07-12-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I woulda played it the same. He could have easily put you on three tens and figured his JJ+ was good once that river queen hit.

Of course, you'll prolly never see another hand like this again in your life. I've been playing for two years and can't remember ever seeing quads over quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's happened to me before--I had quad Kings and someone had quad fives on the river. Someone else called down AA u/i. Wound up with a 33BB pot /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

imported_The Vibesman
07-12-2005, 02:36 PM
I re-raise that river. He's making this play with all sorts of hands.

droolie
07-12-2005, 02:44 PM
He thinks that third Q counterfitted your full house. He has AA KK or JJ a larger % of the time than he has AQ I think. I call a river cap.

pryor15
07-13-2005, 05:36 AM
raise preflop. don't even think about it. just do it.

you have quads and you're thinking about just calling the river? he'll have A9s more often than he'll have a Q here. raise raise raise. that third Q just bought you extra big bets from someone who thinks he's getting a chop. take them and laugh.

webgator
07-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the replies!

2+2 Junkie
07-13-2005, 10:51 AM
grunching...
I would definitely always raise with TT, especially when there are 3 folds in front of you.
The flop and Turn are OK.
River: Scary, being weak I would probably just call, but he could have another pocket pair that he thinks he boated, but I don't know. Again, I would probably call.

Now to read the others....