PDA

View Full Version : BillM Nearly Dies In Beach Mishap!!

10-18-2001, 09:17 PM
One thing I always do when I'm in L.A. is cruise PCH from Long Beach to Dana Point. On my way down, I see this beautiful little cove/beach that I'd never noticed before. I see Aliso Beach on the sign and decide to stop there on my way back.

It's about 3:30 so the surf has really picked up. I walk down to where there's a bunch of huge boulders piled up as kind of a point break(no hope for it IMO, the cliff is seriously eroded). I decide to climb out to the furthest rock. It's a spectacular day and I'm zoning out, with the song from the beginning scene of "Sexy Beast" playing in my head; "I'm standing on the beach, and I'm..".

I look down to my left and see a huge wave roll in. I think, boy, I'm glad I'm not standing on THAT rock, when out of nowhere a surge sneaks up the side of the rock I'm standing on and drenches me from head to toe. I stagger to my left and have to put a hand down to guide myself to a sitting position. 5-10% more force in that surge and I probably would've been knocked off and likely a goner.

Might've been for the best; a quick death out of nowhere in a beautiful place while in a great mood. Plus, the trip wound up costing me $3K.....

10-19-2001, 10:11 AM
"Might've been for the best; a quick death out of nowhere in a beautiful place while in a great mood. "

Who could ask for anything more!

10-21-2001, 01:58 AM
in bed with a beautiful woman?