PDA

View Full Version : Trump Chicago NL Tourney Wednesdays - Any Info?

GrunchCan
07-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Has anyone played in this? I known its 85+15, which is a lot of juice. But do you know what the structure is? Starting chips, levels, payout structure? What time do we need to get there in the morning to register?

Any infor appreciated. Thanks!

downtown
07-12-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah I played this a couple of times last December I think... this information is probably close but not totally accurate.

It's a rebuy tourney, which they don't advertise. It's a 40 or 50 buck rebuy, I don't recall. Rebuy right away if you want it too - I am guessing you want it. Double rebuys available anytime you're below a low amt of chips (can't recall how many) for first hour or so. Add-on for another $40. Blinds go up quickly after that. Pays top 10 if over a certain # (Paid top 10 both times I was there I think). Lots of weirdos and dudes who think they're high rollers. I suggest going with $500 or more so you can play a little crazy during the rebuy and build a stack (I've done it there and it works - anecdotal experience i.e. may have been just my table or when I was there, but I saw lots of weak tight play and players who weren't gonna rebuy and it's easy to take pots off of these players). Yeah, and build a stack. It's the only way to avoid the blinds eating you up later on IMO.

Tourney filled up an hour before the end of sign up the first time I was there and even earlier the other time. Get there early or just call and ask how it looks. I think it's 888-trump-21.

GL

GrunchCan
07-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Wow, doesn't sound like much fun. Sounds more like a crapshoot like the Luxor tourneys.