BB $2100
UTG $1700
UTG+1 $1400
Button (villain) $3500

UTG min raises to 300
UTG+1 folds
Button re-raises all-in

I have 1010 in SB..what's my play?

read on villain was that he's an aggresive player that use his stack to push people around. UTG had mini raised before and folded to a reraise, and i was fairly certain that villain had picked up on this.

playtitleist
07-12-2005, 01:52 PM
New to forum - what is "Hero"

Freudian
07-12-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
New to forum - what is "Hero"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is the poster (in this case AACardPlayer).

If there is one opponent in the hand he is called "villain".

As for the hand in itself, I would fold. Chances are UTG is trapping.

AACardPlayer
07-12-2005, 02:14 PM
My read on UTG was that him trapping there was unlikely. I hadn't seen him trap so far, but as I said he had min raised a few times and then folded to a reraise.

AACardPlayer
07-12-2005, 02:24 PM
I guess my concern here is more with the button. What is his possible range of hands that he'd push with as an aggresive and observant player, that would know that the UTG would fold unless he held a a high pair or AK?

Phil Van Sexton
07-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Call. You only have 8xBB if you fold. If you are correct that utg is not trapping and button is bullying, you stand to be a big favorite in a big pot.

Freudian
07-12-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My read on UTG was that him trapping there was unlikely. I hadn't seen him trap so far, but as I said he had min raised a few times and then folded to a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more likely you think UTG is to fold, the better pushing looks of course.

I still think open-minraising after being pushed of your hand while doing it previously smells like a trap. I would have to be convinced he is a total donk to assume he will fold here, especialy with the size of his stack and the blinds.

AACardPlayer
07-12-2005, 03:45 PM
That def played a part in my decision as well. The range of hands I put the button on to makes this move was 22-JJ, AK-A9, KQ, maybe even KJ. With AA,KK, or QQ he'd make a smaller raise to induce a call. I called feeling pretty confident that UTG would fold if I called, and even if he calls I still might have the best hand. UTG folded, button had AK and won when a K flopped. I don't care to much about the result, its the preflop play im concerned about. Comments?

Jay36489
07-12-2005, 04:01 PM
With your reads I think its pretty clear. Call it. You have to go with your reads and I would have done the same thing.

Phil Van Sexton
07-12-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That def played a part in my decision as well. The range of hands I put the button on to makes this move was 22-JJ, AK-A9, KQ, maybe even KJ. With AA,KK, or QQ he'd make a smaller raise to induce a call. I called feeling pretty confident that UTG would fold if I called, and even if he calls I still might have the best hand. UTG folded, button had AK and won when a K flopped. I don't care to much about the result, its the preflop play im concerned about. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you knew the button had AK and UTG would fold, this is still a call with TT. I'm far too lazy to ICM this, so maybe someone will prove me wrong but I don't think so.

KingDan
07-12-2005, 05:44 PM
I no longer believe minraising is a sign of strength, as opposed to weakness, except when someone has been open pushing a lot.

I call here.