PDA

View Full Version : SB limps to BB, late in 11's, helpful post I hope

DMACM
07-12-2005, 01:29 PM
I just thought I'd share one thing that I think has improved my game since I have always been the one receiving advice here so far.

On levels 4 and higher I used to push a lot(too much) from the SB to the BB but when the SB limped to me I would frequently check then fold the flop fearing a monster.

First to clarify I am talking about situations where its folded to the sb who limps. Now I actually prefer to push from the BB into a SB limp, I will do this with any two very often. When the SB limps to you in the 11's its almost invariably with crap and they seem to have no problem folding. It seems to me you get much more folds pushing on top of the SB than you do from the SB to the BB who at this level seems to frequently spite call. One possible reason I believe is that this looks a lot less obvious as a steal. Another advantage is that from the BB every player at the table has given you information and the weak player in the SB has given you a terrific opportunity by announcing his weak hand that he will almost inevitably fold to your push. I never do this if someone else has limped, the button limping is especially likely to have a good hand, but I find that even an early position limper will be reluctant to fold.

Hope someone finds this helpful, but I am very new to these so someone might completely disagree with me and they would probably be right.