PDA

View Full Version : $55: 8 tabling is -EV for me. Making mistakes when every table beeps

AA suited
07-12-2005, 12:09 PM
it's down to 4 or 5 players in all 8 tables. everything is beeping constantly.

i'm making mistakes left and right.

ie: i'm the last to bet. i thought it was checked to me. i push with middle pair, not noticing someone already bet 3/4pot /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ie2: i see aks. i type 9999 and push, not noticing short stack already pushed and #1 + #2 stacks already called! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

ie3: i mistype and only raised 999 chips instead of pushing 2500 chips on a steal attempt. i got reraised all-in by bigstack bb and had to fold.

otm 6 out of 8 /images/graemlins/frown.gif and 3rd in the 2 i was ITM /images/graemlins/frown.gif

with staggered starts, i probably would have to start the other 4 tables when the 1st 4 is at lvl3. but knowing me, i'll forget to start the other 4.

i think going back down to 6 tables is better for me.

How do you handle 8 tables all beeping? Just takes practice to get used to it, or... ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

brimstone1
07-12-2005, 12:10 PM
I know you're not in the mood for jokes, but, how about turning sounds off, and keeping a constant watch on every table on your own?

Apathy
07-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Change the sound files so that your different skins beep differently, so you hear one noise and know to look left, hear a different one and know to look right.

EnderFFX
07-12-2005, 12:15 PM
What is your setup? How many monitors and what resolutions?

HesseJam
07-12-2005, 12:18 PM
You seem to play them in simultaneous sets, ie you start all 8 tables at the same time. I think it is much better to start the first 2 tables, when the first 2 get to stage 2 start the next 2 tables, and so on. This would ensure that not all tables get to the bubble at the same time. At least half of your tables would always be at stages 1-3 or so where you do not have to take crucial decisions.

Mr_J
07-12-2005, 12:20 PM
"How do you handle 8 tables all beeping? Just takes practice to get used to it, or... ?"

You're playing sets? You might actually find playing continuously easier since they naturally stagger themselves. Don't rush your decisions. I make my decisions before it's my turn to act which probally speeds things up slightly. Also try changing the graphics to get a clean layout if you haven't already. If you can 6 table comfortably, you should be able to 8 table. Just give it some time.

proell
07-12-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

ie3: i mistype and only raised 999 chips instead of pushing 2500 chips on a steal attempt. i got reraised all-in by bigstack bb and had to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta use AutoHotKeys and add a script for moving the slider to ensure a complete push:

; allin
p::
MouseClickDrag, left, 382, 433, 463, 433
Sleep, 100
;MouseClick, left, 550, 474

mybrainssore
07-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Use your time bank more often

AA suited
07-12-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ie3: i mistype and only raised 999 chips instead of pushing 2500 chips on a steal attempt. i got reraised all-in by bigstack bb and had to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta use AutoHotKeys and add a script for moving the slider to ensure a complete push:

; allin
p::
MouseClickDrag, left, 382, 433, 463, 433
Sleep, 100
;MouseClick, left, 550, 474

[/ QUOTE ]

Autohotkeys?!

ok, i've been playing on party skins for over a year. WHAT ARE AUTO HOTKEYS?!

AA suited
07-12-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Apathy wrote:
Change the sound files so that your different skins beep differently, so you hear one noise and know to look left, hear a different one and know to look right.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do i do that?

vinyard
07-12-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're playing sets? You might actually find playing continuously easier since they naturally stagger themselves. Don't rush your decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Some people think that playing contnuously is overwhelming. I find the opposite to be the case. My level 1-3 play is very straight forward and personally I find HU and three handed to be a breeze compared to the bubble. I want as few tables as I can have being in a bubble type situation as possible.

fluorescenthippo
07-12-2005, 02:14 PM
this only happened to me once when i started a set of 8 and was on the bubble in 2, 3 handed in 3, and heads up in 2. it was a mess.