PDA

View Full Version : Trips with lot of action against LAG and TAG

marand
07-12-2005, 11:48 AM
SB is a LAG
BB is a TAG

Converter messed up so I did this "manually".
The game is Party 10/20 SH.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, I raise, SB calls, BB 3-bets, I call, SB calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, I raise, SB calls, BB 3-bets, I cap, SB calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, SB calls, BB calls.

Preflop: Standard steal for me, didn't work out so well.

Flop: I sometimes raise the flop, but I wanted to keep the LAG in the pot.

Turn: The LAG calls so I am guessing he either has a Q or is on a flush draw. When the TAG 3-bets I think there is a fair chance my hand is not the best, but with the LAG in the pot I think there is enough overlay for a cap.

River: If the TAG had bet into me here I would just have called. When he checked I wanted to value bet, I would have called a raise in this gigantic pot.

Standard or overplayed?

Thoughts?

dave44
07-12-2005, 01:38 PM
This looks fine to me. Flop call is fine to keep the LAG in since he might start getting crazy later in the hand if you let him stay for cheap almost certainly drawing very close to dead. I would definitely cap the turn as well.