PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report: Starbucks Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino

citanul
07-12-2005, 11:15 AM
This thing rules. I recommend 1/day, and a guy who can get you some insulin.

citanul

durron597
07-12-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul
07-12-2005, 11:20 AM
i was wondering how long that would take.

durron597
07-12-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i was wondering how long that would take.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Phill S
07-12-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought of you as a 'fancy coffee' sorta guy. More a 'make my java as black as my heart' sorta guy.

Phill
ps, starbucks is evil, buying coffee from there is a sin on par with rakeback spam.

citanul
07-12-2005, 11:34 AM
most coffee i drink is black, though i'm not a frequent coffee drinker. i think i just have a soft spot in the darkest corner of my heart for anything that has chocolate and mint in it.

an ideal, but non flambouyant (american) meal would go like:

salad: spinach, goat cheese, dried fruit or tomato, balsamic, maybe reisling?
appetizer: stuffed mushrooms
food: steak, red wine
desert: pile of chocolate and mint
coffee

because there is simply no bad ingredient in any of those things.

citanul

Apathy
07-12-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

fancy coffee is for girly men.

If it must be starbucks I HIGHLY recommend the Americano (two shots of espresso in hot water) with and extra shot of espresso.

No cream, No sugar.

citanul
07-12-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ps, starbucks is evil, buying coffee from there is a sin on par with rakeback spam.

[/ QUOTE ]

is carribou coffee less evil, they have a near identical drink, and are only 1 block further from me?

DonButtons
07-12-2005, 11:46 AM
cafe bustelo/pilon, miami cuban stuff (plus my friend owns it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Phill S
07-12-2005, 11:47 AM
I have no knowledge of this, their evil empire hasnt reached our area yet (might be in london, havent been there in many years).

I dont drink coffee, more a tea person if i need some caffeine (insert standard english joke here).

The least evil method of drinking coffe would be to buy fair trade import beans, grind your own and insert into coffee maker.

Small non-chain coffee shops, preferably owned by 1 family for 42 generations would also win bonus points if they buy fair trade beans.

Phill

citanul
07-12-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The least evil method of drinking coffe would be to buy fair trade import beans, grind your own and insert into coffee maker.[/quore]

sweet i do that! i'm not evil!

[ QUOTE ]
Small non-chain coffee shops, preferably owned by 1 family for 42 generations would also win bonus points if they buy fair trade beans.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do a lot of that too! i drink a lot of julius meinl, which is probably more of an evil empire in europe than here.

citanul

citanul
07-12-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If it must be starbucks I HIGHLY recommend the Americano (two shots of espresso in hot water) with and extra shot of espresso.

No cream, No sugar.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had this discussion in a beer farts thread with someone in OOT the other day.

real men aren't afraid to defend drinking good tasting stuff. so bring me a Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino, and then a Mikes Hard Lemonade. (or several of each.)

Have I just not been seeing you around lately Apathy, or have you actually been missing?

Apathy
07-12-2005, 12:09 PM
I've been missing...

I went on vacation for 3 weeks and didn't play/post all that much while I was away. Plus I was playing mtts and 10/20nl while I was gone so I tried not to think about stts too much.

But... I am back and ready to get back into Stts so you might see me around.

I see you got moded in my absense, very nice job an excellent choice for this forum.

AA suited
07-12-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]Apathy wrote:

No cream, No sugar.

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt 3 shots espresso = red eye?

skipperbob
07-12-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
most coffee i drink is black, though i'm not a frequent coffee drinker. i think i just have a soft spot in the darkest corner of my heart for anything that has chocolate and mint in it.

coffee

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

AND PEOPLE GIVE ME CRAP FOR POSTING "OFF-TOPIC" NONSENSE
"THIS AIN'T NAM, DONNIE; WE GOT RULES HERE" /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SuitedSixes
07-12-2005, 12:54 PM
The whole concept of coffee intrigues me. At some point, someone needed to say, "Let's take these dry, bitter-tasting beans, grind them up, pour hot water over them and drink what ever is left . . . pass the cream and sugar."

Mind-boggling.

P.S.
Dunkin' Donuts coffee is the nuts. Best icy-mocha-y drink is the Cool Cap by Einstein's Bros.

mlagoo
07-12-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

coffee

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

AND PEOPLE GIVE ME CRAP FOR POSTING "OFF-TOPIC" NONSENSE
"THIS AIN'T NAM, DONNIE; WE GOT RULES HERE" /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mark it zero

Phill S
07-12-2005, 01:16 PM
I warn you now, this isnt so much interesting as meh.

At about 3 or 4 in the morning today i was still up, flicking through the 5 channels we get terrestilarly (non sky). On beeb1 there was a food program. It had a feature about coffee.

They went to somewhere in africa that is the birthplace of the been (nigeria?). It was called Kafu (perhaps spelt differently). Bored yet?

Anyway, native story says a goat-herder was out with his herd, and one of the goats ate a couple of the cherries (the name of the ripe beans when on the tree). The goat became a bit hyper and the goat-herder, intrigued by this, took a few of the beans home to his wife. The wife thought the beans were the work of the devil, and so cast them into their fire. After a few minutes roasting, the smell which was overpowering intrigued them, so they took the beans out and put them in some water to cool down. When the water changed colour, they decided to try a little. Ended up liking it.

And so they told others, through trial and error im guessing they learnt to grind the beans and then brew up. Even now the locals drink it black and straight, the milk/cream and sugar is a european addition.

Apparently the local good stuff in africa (nigeria?) has much larger beans than the standard coffee beans we see, and it has a much smoother flavour, with more individuality similar to wine (slight spicy flavour, fruity flavours etc).

As a non coffee drinker, i was interested to a degree. Hopefully this is more interesting to you.

Phill
edit: its true, we do get more off topic posts when citanul is around /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Yugoslavian
07-12-2005, 02:43 PM
I've never had a cup of coffee. I tried once when my dad attempted to force me but stopped after like 3 sips.

Yugoslav

citanul
07-12-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
edit: its true, we do get more off topic posts when citanul is around /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hah, and you guys haven't seen my new thread in the wpt forum today.

in flames by 5pm eastern? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2850753&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2850917)

GrekeHaus
07-12-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hah, and you guys haven't seen my new thread in the wpt forum today.

in flames by 5pm eastern? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2850753&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2850917)

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...that thread was amazing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif