PDA

View Full Version : building a table image

the night
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Is it worth risking chips to build a more profitable table image at stakes like 1-2 or 2-5 nl? For example, is it worth raising preflop with weak hands, and showing the hand if people fold? Or, playin poorly pre-flop when you first sit down so you get more action later?

the night
07-12-2005, 11:04 AM
I meant playing poorly post-flop at the end of my post.

redtrain
07-12-2005, 11:46 AM
I do this when at a table with strangers. I always come in for a raise. After I show down one crappy hand, I'll tighten up. Then an hour later, I'll pull the same stunt, making sure it's against a player who was not at the table the first time. After showing two weak hands, my preflop raises get great action.

arod15
07-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Works much better in person than online. But it can work. What i like to do is be supper aggressive. I raise a ton preflop so soon people dont respect my raises. And thats when i get paid. Sometimes on a real passive table i just pick up a lot of blinds. Which is good too. But again i think you need to be a advanced player with a deep bankroll to do this properly. SOme will argue its not necassary, which is prob true to as the people at some of these lower limit games will call jsut about anything....

redtrain
07-12-2005, 04:41 PM
You are right. I only play for real money in person, online I stick to 100NL