PDA

View Full Version : making the forum better

turnipmonster
07-12-2005, 11:01 AM
in the other thread a lot of people are talking about splitting mid and high based on stakes. I don't think this is really the path to a better forum. I think there's some things we could all do to make this forum a better place. these are obviously just my opinions:

1) when posting a hand, always include reads on players as well as info about the texture of the game.

2) when responding to a hand, try to always include your reasoning behind the play you recommend. one word posts saying "call" or "fold" don't really help. ray zee should be exempt from this as he is always correct.

3) think before you post a hand. please don't post hands that are very straightforward decisions, or require special information that we are not privy to (i.e. UTG is having an affair with the button's wife and he just spite raised both of you in a 3 way pot).

have to run, but this is a start.

coltrane
07-12-2005, 03:29 PM
I think I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think a moderator is needed.....in addition to people reviewing their own posts by keeping in mind some of the things you listed, I personally think the forum would be much better served to have some kind of live/online split.....I think No-Limit Hold'em is a very different game when played in person vs. on the internet - perhaps more different than any other poker game.....I doubt this split is going to happen because of the number of avid online NL players on the forum, but in addition to vying for it, perhaps I can also suggest that people make more of a point to specify "live" or "online" in their subject headings......

barongreenback
07-12-2005, 03:37 PM
I think that putting as much info in the thread title is useful. Limits, short or full, live or online for example.

rwperu34
07-13-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that putting as much info in the thread title is useful. Limits, short or full, live or online for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

I Second.

riverboatking
07-13-2005, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I personally think the forum would be much better served to have some kind of live/online split.

[/ QUOTE ]

best. idea. ever.

dtbog
07-13-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally think the forum would be much better served to have some kind of live/online split.

[/ QUOTE ]

best. idea. ever.

[/ QUOTE ]