PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell is anyone........

PokerBob
07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
....still playing at Empire with all of the [censored] they give their players? I don't get this at all.

FlopMe
07-12-2005, 10:43 AM
I play there for the bonuses that are offered every month and 30%.

Sandstone
07-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Another gem of a thread.

IndieMatty
07-12-2005, 10:48 AM
You're better then this PB.

I play because they gave me a pretty watch; and im too lazy to make a clean machine.

DMBFan23
07-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I cashed out all my money, then put a couple hunnerd back in for 50JULY. once that's cleared, I'll probably leave again. The games at Stars, Pokerroom, and UB are just fine

scott8
07-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Sing it with me..............Raaaaakkkkkkeeeeeeee Baaaaaaaccccckkkkkkkkkk.

meow_meow
07-12-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
....still playing at Empire with all of the [censored] they give their players? I don't get this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, find me another site that will give me $100 a month for nothing, another $100 in bonuses every month, rakeback, decent tourney overlays and great table selection 24 hours a day....

Wyers
07-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Yep. Its the only party skin where I have rakeback... so I'm not going anywhere.

Freudian
07-12-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't play there. Not because they are giving me [censored], but because they aren't giving me $ with good wagering requirements anymore. Can't say I blame them though.

Rasputin
07-12-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yep. Its the only party skin where I have rakeback... so I'm not going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's really difficult to find rakeback offers for other sites is it?

Kirg
07-12-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you already have accounts at every other major site and skin from your bonuswhoring days.....yeah, it is.

Schwartzy61
07-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Well I haven't received any of this so called [censored].

Also I just signed up there last week I only plan to whore the sign-up bonus, this new re-load, and then the IGMpay and then take my money and run to Eurobet where I have a rakeback deal in place. But I'm not gonna pass up free money because of a bunch of stories I've read on the internet.

Wyers
07-12-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are suggesting I sign up for multiple accounts with another party skin so I can get rakeback? Nice advice.

At least I think that is what you are trying to say - hard to decipher through the condecending tone of your post.

Thanks though, but I do have rakeback at other (non-Party) sites. But for obvious reasons I like to play on a Party Skin - particularily during non peak hours.

I'm sure you understand why.

Next time you feel the need to reply in such a "tone", why don't you rethink your decision and try to contribute something useful to the discussion.

There are a ton of excellent reasons not to play at Empire - including their recent customer service fiascos. However the benefits (slightly) outweigh the cons for me at this time.

Thanks again.

SomethingClever
07-12-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Overdrive
07-12-2005, 12:01 PM
I only have three bots playing at Empire so it doesn't get much action from me compared to other sites I play. But all three of my bots are in the Royal Flush club so that's $300 a month for me on top of the profits my bots make from playing and rakeback of course.

cassette
07-12-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I haven't received any of this so called [censored].

I'm not gonna pass up free money because of a bunch of stories I've read on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you get your account closed.

cassette
07-12-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

and im too lazy to make a clean machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize this takes all of 2 minutes, right? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

IndieMatty
07-12-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I also dont want to deal with Eurobet for rakeback or any of the BS that could result in breaking the T&Cs.

sublime
07-12-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I also dont want to deal with Eurobet for rakeback or any of the BS that could result in breaking the T&Cs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eurobet has by far the longest expected shelf life in regards to rakeback (IMEO).

As a side note, if anything *did* ever go sour with Party, Eurobet is somewhat of an independent entity and I feel customers monies are by far the safest there. Of course I think the chances of anything happening at Party anytime soon are < 0%.

Rasputin
07-12-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you are suggesting I sign up for multiple accounts with another party skin so I can get rakeback? Nice advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, didn't even enter my mind.

[ QUOTE ]
At least I think that is what you are trying to say - hard to decipher through the condecending tone of your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the tone was unnecessary, but the point remains. There are other places to play poker.

Wyers
07-12-2005, 01:34 PM
but the point remains. There are other places to play poker.

Yes and no. Of course there are other places to play poker. I LOVE to play at Pokerstars. Top notch customer support, excellent software and their SnGs rule. They obliterate Party and it's skins in regards to these factors.

Cons: No rakeback, slightly tougher games. While the support and software are excellent, it is these two factors that will directly impact my winrate/profit. While I love dabbling in the SnGs, 90% of my play is 2/4 full ring.

So while yes, there are other places to play, none are yet as lucrative as the Party Skins.

I truly hope this will change. I thought Absolute had a shot but it seems they have lost momentum and the site now exists primarily for the bonus whores.

I guess the only hope would be for Party to implode (which is plausible considering some of their recent stunts). Time will tell - but in the meantime...

Synergistic Explosions
07-12-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm discovering the joys of new small sites trying to aggressively grow their player base. These on the most part match up well with my type of play. Promotional value has been off the chart compared to established sites.

Just depends what you are looking for in a site.

SmileyEH
07-12-2005, 02:31 PM
rakeback

-SmileyEH

Wyers
07-12-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm discovering the joys of new small sites trying to aggressively grow their player base. These on the most part match up well with my type of play. Promotional value has been off the chart compared to established sites.

Just depends what you are looking for in a site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that there are some decent new sites who offer excellent incentives to play.

The issue with me is time. Both myself and my wife work full time. Combine that with various family obligations and yadda yadda yadda - you get the picture. Poker is slightly more than a hobby to me but certainly not my primary source of income.

So basically I play at Empire as my "home site" and will move around for bonuses at certain sites (Party, Stars, PokerRoom). I have tons of bonus dollars stacked at Absolute and UB but I never seem to get to them. I can't even bring myself to play the cryptos any longer - mostly because their POS software is enough to drive me mad. My wife clears the monthlies playing BlackJack.

After this week I'm taking a month off work to clear up some accumulated overtime. I'll be travelling for the first week and a half and then hanging around the house the following three weeks ( a few landscaping projects but that is about all).

I'll likely devote a little extra time to the game during those weeks. So, if you have any hidden nuggets you would like to share - decent bonus and playthrough requirements, feel free drop me a PM. I'm considering the Hollywood Poker $1000 dollar 15X bonus - pretty heavy requirements but at least on the PokerRoom network you know there will be games during the day.

Otherwise maybe Absolute with my bonuses and rakeback - but the site seems pretty dead at 2/4 during daytime hours.