PDA

View Full Version : What did the comment mean?

McNeese72
07-12-2005, 10:14 AM
I played this hand last night. When it was through the villain posted what I thought was "nice hand" in chat and I said "ty". Later I noticed that he really had said "nice 7.5% hand". WTF did he mean by that? I think I played it okay and it definitely wasn't a suckout. Was he just pissed that he got his pocket Aces cracked?
The villain seemed to be a decent player. MP2 was a fish and the BB was playing pretty loose.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(Villain)/ caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, BB calls.

The villain was a decent player, so with the raises I put him on probably a big pocket pair.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls, Villain calls.

Okay, I was worried about pocket Q's but he didn't cap my 3-bet so he probably doesn't have them.

Turn: (13.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls, Villain calls.

With three other people still in and the other two guys seeming to be on draws, I didn't want to check/raise here and take the chance of giving a free card to the flush and straight draws so I bet out.

River: (17.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, BB folds, Villain calls.

Okay, don't have to worry about a straight with the board pairing (not that I think on of those guys has one after the turn betting). I bet out because I was afraid it would get checked to showdown if I tried for a c/r.

Was my thinking good on this hand? And what did the villain mean with his comment?

Final Pot: 19.20 BB

davelin
07-12-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played this hand last night. When it was through the villain posted what I thought was "nice hand" in chat and I said "ty". Later I noticed that he really had said "nice 7.5% hand". WTF did he mean by that? I think I played it okay and it definitely wasn't a suckout. Was he just pissed that he got his pocket Aces cracked?
The villain seemed to be a decent player. MP2 was a fish and the BB was playing pretty loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the chance you would hit a set on the flop.

GrunchCan
07-12-2005, 10:18 AM
When he said, "Nice 7.5% hand," what he really meant was, "I'm on tilt now, so you can bend me over to your will." Take advantage of the situation.

Nice hand.

bozlax
07-12-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When he said, "Nice 7.5% hand," what he really meant was, "I'm on tilt now, so you can bend me over to your will." Take advantage of the situation.

Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were it you, Grunch, Villan would have to change his location to, "Getting rogered by the Hawiian Punch guy."

Sightless
07-12-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the Impression that with the pocket pair it is 12% chance to hit your set on the flop, no? Well I guess I am wrong

Dave G.
07-12-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the Impression that with the pocket pair it is 12% chance to hit your set on the flop, no? Well I guess I am wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are correct. The idiot who made the comment is wrong. He's confused the odds of flopping a set (roughly 7.5:1) with the percentage of flopping a set (which is about 12%).

In other words his maths skills aren't what he thinks they are.

topspin
07-12-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Set or better. Set alone is about 10.5%. I have no idea where 7.5% comes from; perhaps dave was thinking of 1:7.5 instead?

Sightless
07-12-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are correct. The idiot who made the comment is wrong. He's confused the odds of flopping a set (roughly 7.5:1) with the percentage of flopping a set (which is about 12%).

In other words his maths skills aren't what he thinks they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thanx for the clarification

jrz1972
07-12-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was he just pissed that he got his pocket Aces cracked?

[/ QUOTE ]