PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason to believe you are ahead here

Mikey
02-15-2003, 10:41 PM
Just thinking about this situation I think makes this hand a possible check fold even though you came into it with a raise.

Let's say you raise with QQ, and are now 3 bet by a typical player. Usually a 3-bet by this type of typical player means to me the following hands.

AA, KK, AKs, AKo, QQ, JJ.
Hands like TT,99, he wouldn't 3-bet but he will call your raise with...not knowing that he is behind looking to flop either a T or 9.

The flop comes K J 4.

Is there any reason for you to believe that you are ahead here, the only thing.....that he can possibly have here...that you beat is TT, 99, AQo and would he 3-bet with these hands.

Would a bet and fold to a raise be in order on this flop?
Would a check and fold to bet be in order on this flop?

*Remeber you are are getting 3-bet by a typical player.

Dynasty
02-16-2003, 02:37 AM
a 3-bet by this type of typical player means to me the following hands.

AA, KK, AKs, AKo, QQ, JJ.

Didn't you tell us the answer?

scalf
02-16-2003, 08:25 AM
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif this post proves kj is the real premium hand...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

scalf
02-16-2003, 09:09 AM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif gotcha dyn..did not mention monte carlo..lol..gl /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Mike Gallo
02-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Figure out the probability mathematically that you are beaten, given the cominations of hands that beat you.

You can answer your own question.

Besides, I think you would prefer to fold for any excuse. On a side note, most players will tend to alter their play after seeing how weak tight you play. A smart player will three bet you after you raise every time because they know you will fold.

PokerBabe(aka)
02-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Babe was in the Bellagio 15-30 on Friday with Bob Morgan on my left and an unknown player on my right. Unknown guy open raises 3rd in and I 3 bet 99 in the c/o. Morgan and blinds fold and I am 4 bet by my opponent. Hmmmmm, I say....call. Flop is rags with 8 high. I'm bet into and I raise. Turn is 10. Ditto the flop sequence. River is a 3 pairing the board. Checked to me and I bet. My opponent mucks. What was my pal 4 betting btf? Obviously, Ace high something /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif While many people would assume his 4 bet could only mean Q's or higher, this frisky devil did not even have a pair. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif LGPG, Babe

Tyler Durden
02-17-2003, 12:34 AM
Babe, isn't it often correct to cap with AKs?

Clarkmeister
02-17-2003, 02:15 PM
The real question is this: Would you *ever* play AK the same way you just played your 99?

PokerBabe(aka)
02-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Would I ever play A,K like I play an overpair to the board? Silly Boy...tricks are for kids /forums/images/icons/grin.gif LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
02-17-2003, 11:44 PM
Hi Tyler...I may be the only person on this forum who has not capped with A,K. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif