PDA

View Full Version : Fast play AA set .....

arod15
07-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Hero has worst image at the table. I am a fool according to 5 out of 6 players. For correctly calling with A high. 200NL 6Max Sorry converter broken.

Hero in the BB(364)Delt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villian (789) Raises from MP to 7.
Hero Reraises to 15
Two callers

Flop A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Here bets 35 (total pot 45) (how's my line flush draw makes me not want to slow play this)
Fold
Villian (789) calls 35
Turn 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (pot 115)

Hero bets 100$
Villian Calls 100$

Again too much?

River 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero? How much to bet? Obviously i cant check because he might check behind me

Hero bets 150$ (pot was 315)

Results later
Comments appreciated

jkkkk
07-12-2005, 09:47 AM
I like $150, depends on the opponent I guess, some people will call more, others fold.

$150 also seems a bit weak, so he might be tempted to raise which is all good, you definitely cannot check.

djoyce003
07-12-2005, 10:05 AM
I like it...pray he has an 8....or Ace 8, or 77.

fuzzbox
07-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Looks good all the way - although I make it somewhere in the region of 21-30 preflop.

The river is the toughest one - you ask "do I give him room to bluff? Or do I bet it out?".

However - since you started with 364 and have bet a total of 15 + 35 + 100 = 150, and the pot is >300 then I just push the rest - as it looks more suspicious if you bet 150 of your remaining 215 or so.

arod15
07-12-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good all the way - although I make it somewhere in the region of 21-30 preflop.

The river is the toughest one - you ask "do I give him room to bluff? Or do I bet it out?".

However - since you started with 364 and have bet a total of 15 + 35 + 100 = 150, and the pot is >300 then I just push the rest - as it looks more suspicious if you bet 150 of your remaining 215 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
While i agree with you my image is of a donkey here. I got called down on a bluff with when a guy had a pair of 4s so people dont give me credit for anything ususally but i will def keep that in mind why so much PF?

fuzzbox
07-12-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While i agree with you my image is of a donkey here. I got called down on a bluff with when a guy had a pair of 4s so people dont give me credit for anything ususally but i will def keep that in mind why so much PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks more like you dont want a call if you push, than if you bet 150 of 215. Why keep the 65 back ?

Preflop - there is a raise in front (to 7), so 21 is a good number, make it 30 if they really think you are a donk /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

arod15
07-12-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks more like you dont want a call if you push, than if you bet 150 of 215. Why keep the 65 back ?

Preflop - there is a raise in front (to 7), so 21 is a good number, make it 30 if they really think you are a donk /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why raise so much preflop dont i want action?
I feel like raising to 30 there might get me folds. Everyone knows even donkeys can get hands. One more note its funny how different tables see me. While at one table im known as a rock other tables see me as a LAG gotta love PP its the only place where tables for the same amt vary so much in terms of aggrss and looseness

arod15
07-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Villian moved me all in after i bet 150. I guess he thought it was susupiouces i didnt move all in myself.
He showed A 10. Pretty awful play on his part. But again im a donkey no way i could be A 10 /images/graemlins/cool.gif

swolfe
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
looks pretty good. against some opponents, i'd go for a turn check-push.

arod15
07-12-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
looks pretty good. against some opponents, i'd go for a turn check-push.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you become a Poo bah? what does it mean? Yeh i agree multiway id push but HU you just milk it like a fat cow

Simplistic
07-12-2005, 12:32 PM
does anybody like checking the turn to induce a bluff? or does everyone prefer fast playing?

arod15
07-12-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does anybody like checking the turn to induce a bluff? or does everyone prefer fast playing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Given the board (flush draw)
Checking the turn could be a costly mistake. It is not an option within the context of this hand. And i generally dont want to check the turn if he called the flop be he must have a good piece check raising IMO tells him how string you really are, and people are often times more afriad of a check raise than just the bet. They see it as a continatuion. Check raising i think tells your hand. One final note, it also depends on you yourself. Me im asupper agressive i bet most of my flops and hammer away so checking is never a real good option for me as it would cause suspucian. But thats assuming eople are paying att....

NickPoker
07-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Push, looks more like you don't want a call and it is still 2/3 of the pot. IMO if he is going to call $150 he will call $200, and he may be even more likley to call the all in. Other option is to bet smaller and induce a re-raise, but I like the push better.

arod15
07-12-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Push, looks more like you don't want a call and it is still 2/3 of the pot. IMO if he is going to call $150 he will call $200, and he may be even more likley to call the all in. Other option is to bet smaller and induce a re-raise, but I like the push better.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with your small bet statement . I think that is a horrible play. You should never do that with a hand like this because it gives villian chance to call for cheap. If he has called you the whole way with an A there is no reason to take your foot of the gas now. The all in i dont disagree with you perhaps it was a better move. In the end it worked out. But for future i might move in....

jonnyUCB
07-12-2005, 01:29 PM
You want action, but you'll get it due to your image. Just bet the pot size.. you're pricing them in too well to outdraw you as it is. I'd call behind here with any two suited cardsd and any pp.

Any reraise defines your hand here (small bet = I want action, big bet = get out of the pot I have a monster), so might as well make them pay to chase while your cards are faceup.

TheWorstPlayer
07-12-2005, 03:06 PM
There is no way you should be getting anything less than full stack in the pot on this hand. Re-raise more preflop, bet more flop, bet more turn, push river if you're not all-in already on the turn.

arod15
07-12-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way you should be getting anything less than full stack in the pot on this hand. Re-raise more preflop, bet more flop, bet more turn, push river if you're not all-in already on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of you mentioned raising more pre-flop.
No concerns of making them fold? Dont i want action?
While i agree a flop overbet wouldnt be bad i given i didnt do this i feel going all in on the turn forces him out. So i like my turn. But i agree river was a clear all in. Please discuss the preflop re-raise. To what amount?

ryanghall
07-12-2005, 03:51 PM
With these deep stacks, you have to reraise much more preflop. Either that or you can call, trying to win a controlled pot (unless you hit a big flop like this one, of course).

Your reraise was simply far too small. You're giving any PP great odds to bust you and take an inflated pot.

Ryan

jonnyUCB
07-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Make it 27 to 37 total to go. You want them to pay to play (and possibly outdraw you) and to be able to extract more postflop. You are giving them great odds on whatever holdings they have here. Your bets wont get your chips in if you play it too weakly preflop.

TheWorstPlayer
07-12-2005, 06:24 PM
I usually re-raise 3x-4x their opening when I re-raise. I do it frequently enough that I can get what I consider to be the desired amount of action. In other words, you want to keep your re-raises somewhat uniform so that they can't tell when you have premium hands (small re-raises) and when you have garbage (big re-raises). You want them to fold a certain amount of the time, because some of the time you won't have a great hand. Also, you want them to have to put a fair amount of money in preflop when you re-raise because theoretically you are telegraphing your hand and they should have to pay for that information and the chance to flop a set against you. So I make it 25 to go here. If he folds, fine. Next time he folds it will be to a steal. If he calls now, great. Maybe I'll get to showdown AA and my steals will be more effective in the future. You have to risk not getting action on AA occasionally to make the total amount of action that you get on all your hands the optimal amount. On this board it is called "Shania". I'm sure someone can link you to the thread to learn more about it. Basically the bottom line is that you need to raise more with AA so that your balanced strategy of re-raising both good and not good hands will optimally make money both on steals and on legit re-raises.

I'm sure this wasn't that clear but maybe someone else can explain it better.