PDA

View Full Version : Heads up in round 10

EricW
07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
I just finished on an insane table where the bubble lasted until round 8.

I got into the final two and we ended up getting to round 10 where the blinds are just insane. Both of us had about the same chip count. At this level and chips stacks, is it correct to push with any face card with a suited kicker? There's not really much room for playing poker because by raising and if you don't hit, your pot committed anyways 'cause the pot is so damn huge. Obviously any ace and any PP is an easy push first to act, but is say, and hand like J6s profitable to push on?

What's the shittiest range of hands that is proper to push with?

thanks.

Olback
07-12-2005, 09:33 AM
I would push anything here from the SB. If my opponent tries to limp from the SB, then i push all in preflop from the BB as well.

Basically the blinds are huge and i do not think you can play this any other way. If he has a bigger hand and wins so be it. The money in the blinds makes auto pushing any hand worthwhile.

tigerite
07-12-2005, 09:34 AM
I'd push all aces, kings, queens, jacks, suited tens, T4+ ish, and nines about down to 97o, 95s. Plus all pairs, but that goes without saying.

Ixnert
07-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Make sure you have two cards before pushing. Seriously.

In the unusual case where you have an opponent who you know will really call your push with any two (most will at least lay down the worst 20% or so), you might want to tighten up slightly, but when you've got about 20% of the chips at the table already in the pot via the blinds, there just isn't much worth folding to a random hand.