PDA

View Full Version : Just a hand 64s

Chris Daddy Cool
07-12-2005, 06:24 AM
Here's a hand I played, stakes are irrelevent.

full ring online game. EP player limps. Button raises. SB calls. I call in the BB with 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. EP calls.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks. I check. EP checks. Button bets. SB raises. I call. EP 3-bets. Button caps. SB calls. I call. EP calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

check.check.check.check.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets. I call intending to fold to a raise.

Webster
07-12-2005, 07:08 AM
Why would you fold to a raise?? The raiser could have a straight

oreogod
07-12-2005, 07:10 AM
It also looks like another flush draw is out. Really you're probably only beating 53s at this point. I do the same.

Jake (The Snake)
07-12-2005, 07:55 AM
???

What straight is checking the turn?

You can't fold to the first raise on the flop since it looks like SB is just trying to protect his hand, defenetely no reason to think you're drawing dead so far. When it comes 2 more back to you, you are getting 12-1 so it seems like folding is out of the question. It doesn't look good though as both EP and Button could be pumping a higher draw.

I think folding to a raise on the river is ok based on the turn action. All the raising on the flop followed by nothing but checks screams that people were pumping their flush draw on the flop. It seems odd but I think you'd almost rather have seen people betting on the turn which would show they have big made hands instead of big draws.

ArturiusX
07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Beautiful.

brettbrettr
07-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Are you folding the turn if someone bets?

PokerBob
07-12-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

SB bets. I call intending to fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems pretty clear that someone is on /images/graemlins/heart.gif's too, but I'd have a hard time letting this one go.

Entity
07-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Perfect.

thejameser
07-12-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

mack848
07-12-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine a turn bet makes it less likely that you are up against a flush draw, so getting 13:1, I'd call.

brettbrettr
07-12-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine a turn bet makes it less likely that you are up against a flush draw, so getting 13:1, I'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what makes you think you're good if you hit?

Entity
07-12-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But what makes you think you're good if you hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you knew a higher flush draw was out there 60% of the time, you'd still call.

Rob

feelixthegreek
07-12-2005, 12:16 PM
More than likely it will be a 3 bet you'll be folding to.

Nick C
07-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Yeah, it's not looking too favorable.

You gotta kinda hope something like this is the explanation for the flop/turn:

SB has QJ, made his hand on the turn, and whiffed on a turn checkraise.

EP has A9, planned to checkraise the flop, and decided to go ahead and join the checkraising fun even after SB beat him to it. (Another idea: He has 55 and got scared by the combination of the Button's flop cap and the turn card.)

Button has TT and decided to check with outs on the turn, hoping to fill up. (Or maybe he just started having doubts about his QQ and decided to check behind and try to hit his gutshot cheaply.)

Also, you can hope the play of one or more of the people at the table defies explanation. But I'm not too optimistic about the river.

If EP has QJ and whiffed on a turn checkraise and decides to raise the river despite the third heart, then that's unfortunate. But in that scenario, I think there's a good chance Button or SB will be putting in a 3-bet anyway, as Feelixthegreek mentions.

Nick C
07-12-2005, 01:12 PM
By the way, I think the quality of play by Hero's opponents matters here, even if the stakes don't.

I've encountered a lot of players at 3/6 and below -- which is the online experience I have to draw from -- who don't play draws particularly well.

In any event, I think the scariest part of the hand, given what CDC has, is the turn check-through.