PDA

View Full Version : party window missize

brainwash
07-12-2005, 05:55 AM
hey guys
i just bought this new laptop with 1920x1200 resolution and downloaded party poker. the tables and lobby are smaller than the window. please view the pic, and if there is something you can suggest, that'd be appreciated. pokerstars looks/works fine and i have emailed party with no response.

http://tinypic.com/7250yx.jpg

BluffTHIS!
07-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Party's and a lot of other sites have unadjustable preset windows at 800x600. Since most posters here want to be able to multitable without overlapping windows, they want bigger resolutions like you have so that 4 tables can be on the monitor at once with no overlap. If this really bothers you, then the only thing you can do is change the resolution to 800x600.

PLOlover
07-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Don't use large fonts. Use normal fontsize , 96 dpi, I think.

MyMindIsGoing
07-12-2005, 04:20 PM
I think he means the empty border inside the windows.

MyMindIsGoing
07-12-2005, 04:26 PM
This must be a bug in their software. The contents of the windows are correct size but windows it selfs are too big. There is prolly nothing you can do about it. It would not supprise me at all if it was badly coded, party had some realy realy bad bugs before. Like when hand numbers "ran out", beacuse of poorly made software.

wh1t3bread
07-12-2005, 04:46 PM
This is not a bug in there is software and has everything to do with how your video display settings are setup.

This will fix your problem:

Right Click on your Desktop.
Choose "Properties".
Go to the "Settings" Tab.
Click "Advanced".
Search around your Advanced settings for something called "DPI".
Change your "DPI Setting" to "Normal Size" or "96".

You will probably have to restart after this for the settings to take, so make sure that you don't have anything important open.

MyMindIsGoing
07-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Party software must still be badly coded to show window content smaller than the window. Windowsize should ofcource be the same as content.

MrTrik
07-12-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party software must still be badly coded to show window content smaller than the window. Windowsize should ofcource be the same as content.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Party probably assumed that all people will run 96 DPI or "normal".

MyMindIsGoing
07-12-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Party probably assumed that all people will run 96 DPI or "normal".

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, the best way would ofcource program it so it wont matter what DPI you use.

PT has these issues as well. To make PT work it must set my timesettings to american style (AM/PM) and and . instead of , for me. If I run excel at the same time contents of the cells will show diffrently for example. This is a very bad way to make a program (PT is very good in most cases but they made a few realy bad mistakes coding it). Ofcource if you run it in the US you wont se any difference. A good way to make PT would be to make it indipendant if you use 24 hour clocks or AM/PM and , as . or not. Just another example of the same kinda thing. Programs relying on peoples settings.

Nomad84
07-13-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Like when hand numbers "ran out", beacuse of poorly made software.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never really paid that much attention when this happened. I just got the PT patch and went on with life. Was this really a Party problem? I had just assumed that PT didn't use a data type that was adequate for such large numbers.

MyMindIsGoing
07-13-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like when hand numbers "ran out", beacuse of poorly made software.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never really paid that much attention when this happened. I just got the PT patch and went on with life. Was this really a Party problem? I had just assumed that PT didn't use a data type that was adequate for such large numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

To my knowledge it was party yes, party chose a signed format that was to small. I saw screenshots if I remember it correctly.