PDA

View Full Version : Can we avoid WSOP Spoilers?

TheHammer24
07-12-2005, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I konw, I actually plan on waiting until ESPN televisises the event to figure out who wins. I realize it is irrational to request that no one in the zoo talks about the WSOP. However, I was wondering if we could start a precedent of avoiding threads with unavoidable subject lines like, "XXXX WINS WSOP." In exchange with "Update on WSOP Chip Leader Day 5 [spoiler]" Of course, this is simply a suggestion of mine. If the other posters would rather just talk freely that's fine. I was just wondering if a substantial number of people shared my point of view.

bigalt
07-12-2005, 03:47 AM
phil helmuth in the chip lead coming into day 5

bandfan
07-12-2005, 03:49 AM
wouldnt you rather read up to date news about the event as it goes on, instead of waiting for espn's crappy coverage?

AngryCola
07-12-2005, 03:51 AM
It's almost unavoidable even if you don't read 2+2.

If it's really important to you, don't read these forums until the event airs. Even if you do that, you'll still most likely stumble across a spolier somewhere else between now and then.

There's not a whole lot you can do about it.

Kirg
07-12-2005, 03:55 AM
You'd also have to stop watching tv, stop reading newspapers, stop listening to the radio and stop checking out any news and/or poker related websites.

Seriously, I don't think you can live till it airs on ESPN without finding out through some means of media.

TheHammer24
07-12-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You'd also have to stop watching tv, stop reading newspapers, stop listening to the radio and stop checking out any news and/or poker related websites.

Seriously, I don't think you can live till it airs on ESPN without finding out through some means of media.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced, what is the best source for daily updates?

bandfan
07-12-2005, 04:14 AM
Card Player (http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournaments/event.php?id=1268&screen=logs&type=0)

Poker Wire (http://www.pokerwire.com/index.php)

SoftcoreRevolt
07-12-2005, 04:27 AM
While you have a 20% shot of not being spoiled by thread titles if you avoid the General and WPT forums, I wouldn't count on it. It's possible to avoid it, I mean I still haven't seen the Sopranos Season 5 finale and never had it spoiled for me despite even Sportscenter trying to spoil it for me, (Must buy DVDs.. MUST BUY DVDS) but I wouldn't count on it.

meow_meow
07-12-2005, 08:42 AM
Seriously, head out to the wood, don't come back until the ESPN coverage starts.

Don't watch the news on tv this weekend.
Don't listen to the news on the radio this weekend.
Don't pick up a newspaper this weekend.

Stop browsing this forum.
Don't browse any news sites this weekend.

Good luck.

TheIrishThug
07-12-2005, 09:13 AM
i felt i enjoyed the 03 final table more because when i saw it i did not know who was gonna win. the same for many of the other toureys from 04, excluding the main event.

however if u actively play online or read this forum, u WILL find out. chances r very high that the media will talk about it. so i just said f*ck it and have been reading cardplayer all week.

kasey2004
07-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Sports Center just showed Raymer and said how he had a huge chip stack. It's not like it's being concealed from the public.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Shoe
07-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Your at the wrong site. If you don't want to see any spoilers, don't read this site until it airs on TV.