PDA

View Full Version : 88 20-40 live hand

Lawrence Ng
07-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Pretty donked up here, no?

I have 88 in cutoff. 4 guys limp, I limp, button raises, BB calls as do the rest of the line up, and I call.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

All check to me, and I bet, everyone but one calls.

turn is a 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and now BB comes to life shooting a bet. She is a tricky, but not a very good post flop player. 2 guys call and I raise. Button folds, all call.

River is a 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif . All check to me and I...???

Lawrence

flawless_victory
07-12-2005, 03:44 AM
id check it. im not sure what the point of a bet, but maybe your live 20 is even better than mine?

LarsVegas
07-12-2005, 03:47 AM
I would check behind here.

On another note, I would definitely raise this preflop. I would perhaps be more inclined to raise this from cutoff than the button (with the additional bonus of buying you the button whenever he has some marginal hand he will enter this family feast for one bet with).

And 88 is a raise on the button against a few limpers IMHO. And as of such, perhaps even more of a raise from the cutoff.

lars

Rick Nebiolo
07-12-2005, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty donked up here, no?

I have 88 in cutoff. 4 guys limp, I limp, button raises, BB calls as do the rest of the line up, and I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have a reaching tell on the button (you want him to fold) raising is not bad idea here (Lars Vegas mentioned this but I wouldn't say definite). On the button usually call after four limpers since there is no button to buy and you don't quite have enough opponents to build a pot for set equity.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

All check to me, and I bet, everyone but one calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Auto bet in this spot.

[ QUOTE ]
turn is a 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and now BB comes to life shooting a bet. She is a tricky, but not a very good post flop player. 2 guys call and I raise. Button folds, all call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough play here. You said she's tricky so raising makes sense as calling doesn't punish draws. Hopefully, she picked up a draw or just a naked pair of sevens.

[ QUOTE ]
River is a 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif . All check to me and I...???

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this is a check. This pot is huge and no better hand will fold. Question is, will worse hands call so do you have a value bet? Maybe, but the pot is big and your check prevents you from having to deal with a tricky checkraise, one you would have a hard time calling. If your opponents aren't that tricky or aggressive, then the value bet makes sense.

~ Rick