PDA

View Full Version : Flopping Bottom Set On A Dangerous Board

BonJoviJones
02-15-2003, 05:49 PM
I've had two hands recently (TT both times) where I flopped a set, and the board came very similar. Different outcomes, so I'm curious about how I should have played them.

1st Hand:
2/4 Game. 1 EP and 2 MP limpers, I'm in LP with TT and raise. Button 3-bets. BB and 2 limpers call.

Flop comes KQT, two-tone. Checked to me, I bet, Button raises, BB calls, limpers fold, I call.

Turn comes a blank, checked to me, I check, Button bets, BB check-raises, I fold. LP calls.

River comes another blank, BB bets, LP calls, BB flips AJ for the nuts, LP shows KK and mucks.

I'm not sure about the turn fold, but my read on Button was his preflop three bet meant a big pair, and K's or Q's certainly fit that. AK, AQ were possible, but I felt unlikely.

Hand 2:
2/4. TT UTG+1. UTG raises, which means very little, I 3-bet, folded to blinds who call. UTG calls.

Flop comes AQT rainbow. Blinds check, UTG bets, I raise, one blind drops, other and UTG call.

Turn comes 6, checked to me, I bet, only UTG calls

River comes 6, I bet, UTG calls. UTG turns up AQ (which is what I was hoping).

Can I get some analysis of these hands? In particular what you think of my fold on the first hand, and what you think of UTG's play on the second hand. I may have well lost more on that hand than him. Comments on any other street/topic welcome as well.

pudley4
02-15-2003, 08:22 PM
On hand 1, I probably 3-bet him on the flop. When I'm raised by him again, I'll check to him on the turn. Then when check-raised by the BB, it's a fold.

Hand 2 - If I were UTG, I would have 3-bet you on the flop. Other than that, he played fine. You played it perfectly.