PDA

View Full Version : Dude....take the stupid glasses off....it's ONLY 4-8 or lower...

DuceTrey23
07-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Was in Vegas this weekend and played lots of low-limit (4-8 or lower) Holdem. Several times there would be these IDIOTS that would sit down and wear the dark (or mirrored) sunglasses and tell others how good they were and how they should have played this and that hand...After living through this for 4 days, I'm compelled to do my bit for society and tell these LOOSERS (and you know who you are) to loose the stupid dark sunglasses when playing low-limit Holdem...It's sad to see these guys leave the table with a little less $$ than they started, blaming everything else except for their sucky play for why they are down.

I know some mirrorred-glasses wearing fool is gonna ask, so yes, I did win enough to cover expenses, which is what I wanted to do.

bernie
07-12-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know some mirrorred-glasses wearing fool is gonna ask, so yes, I did win enough to cover expenses, which is what I wanted to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't mean you were playing any better than the 'idiots' with sunglasses.

And no, I don't wear shades.

b

desertking
07-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Let the dude across the table look and dress as he wishes. Your job is to take his money, not to let his attire put you on tilt.

masse75
07-12-2005, 01:12 AM
Here's some advice:
1. Never get out of the boat.

2. Let the wookie win.

3. Don't say a [censored] word to the guys wearing glasses. It's called tapping the glass. Don't [censored] it up for everyone else.

Bekele
07-12-2005, 01:17 AM
You forgot #4. Don't trust Whitey.

And btw I just got back from a week in Vegas and as a generalization the kids with the sunglasses and ipods basically sucked at poker.

SCfuji
07-12-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2. Let the wookie win.

[/ QUOTE ]

rarrrrrr

SossMan
07-12-2005, 01:53 AM
sometimes i wear shades playing LL. usually it's because they are perscription and thats what i was wearing while driving to the cardroom and i forget to switch and i'm too lazy to go back to the car.

PITTM
07-12-2005, 02:16 AM
ive worn sunglasses playing 3/6 before, i wasnt serious but this old guy kept staring me down, i felt really uncomfortable, so i went to my car, got sunglasses and then came back.

rj

boondockst
07-12-2005, 04:20 AM
was the old guy a LOOSER?

shant
07-12-2005, 04:33 AM
In Vegas I kept an unlit cigarette in my mouth and talked a lot at the table. I don't even smoke. I got a lot of action. I would've worn sunglasses too if I had them on me. I almost went to the gift shop and bought some because the image is +EV when everyone auto-assumes a sunglasses kid is a moron.

mostsmooth
07-12-2005, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was in Vegas this weekend and played lots of low-limit (4-8 or lower) Holdem. Several times there would be these IDIOTS that would sit down and wear the dark (or mirrored) sunglasses and tell others how good they were and how they should have played this and that hand...After living through this for 4 days, I'm compelled to do my bit for society and tell these LOOSERS (and you know who you are) to loose the stupid dark sunglasses when playing low-limit Holdem...It's sad to see these guys leave the table with a little less $$ than they started, blaming everything else except for their sucky play for why they are down.

[/ QUOTE ]
heres the way to deal with this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/toggleignore.php?Cat=&User=22327&Board=cardroom&Nu mber=2846392&what=showflat&page=0&view=collapsed&s b=5&o=14)

dcasper70
07-12-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

heres the way to deal with this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/toggleignore.php?Cat=&User=22327&Board=cardroom&Nu mber=2846392&what=showflat&page=0&view=collapsed&s b=5&o=14)

[/ QUOTE ]

well played sir

BottlesOf
07-12-2005, 09:45 AM
This was useful.

TheJunkyardGod
07-12-2005, 11:17 AM
I typically end up putting on my shades at the LL tables near the end of a long, drunken stretch. But by then i'm actually playing worse than when I started so it doesnt matter.

coffeecrazy1
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
I wear shades for NL, but not limit...my reasoning being that NL is more psychological and reads become more important. Also, I have a tell that involves my eye movements(thankfully, I figured it out on my own).

tripp0807
07-12-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In Vegas I kept an unlit cigarette in my mouth and talked a lot at the table. I don't even smoke. I got a lot of action. I would've worn sunglasses too if I had them on me. I almost went to the gift shop and bought some because the image is +EV when everyone auto-assumes a sunglasses kid is a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite true. I'm a lawyer, but when I play in AC, I dress like a college kid, play a couple hands bad early, and then let people think I'm getting lucky.

Eder
07-12-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks...saved me time

Jeebus
07-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I keep an unlit cig in my mouth because every time i get a craving and try to be ready as soon as i fold, I get a good hand and go on a run. I'm not sure if I should be glad or not. I win money, but I don't get to catch my buzz.
Luck sure is a crazy thing.

masse75
07-12-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
was the old guy a LOOSER?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, probably a moran.

dibbs
07-12-2005, 06:46 PM
"I'm compelled to do my bit for society and tell these LOOSERS (and you know who you are) to loose the stupid dark sunglasses when playing low-limit Holdem"

loose
adj. loos·er, loos·est

1. Not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks.
2. Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.
3. Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: criminals loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets.
4. Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: loose shoes.
5. Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: loose papers.
6. Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: loose gravel.
7. Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: loose talk.
8. Not formal; relaxed: a loose atmosphere at the club.
9. Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior.
10. Not literal or exact: a loose translation.
11. Characterized by a free movement of fluids in the body: a loose cough; loose bowels.

los·er ,n.

1. One that fails to win: the losers of the game.
2. One who takes loss in a specified way: a graceful loser; a poor loser.
1. One that fails consistently, especially a person with bad luck or poor skills: “losers at home seeking wealth and glory in undeveloped countries” (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.).
2. One that is bad in quality: That book is a real loser.

Granted most of my posts are made while intoxicated and I am far from a perfect speller, but this isn't very hard. This is my "bit for society".