PDA

View Full Version : are any of the sng regulars still in the main event

rybones
07-12-2005, 12:33 AM
I don't know all their real names so searching the standings doesn't do it for me. So does anyone one know if any of our regulars are still in the wsop main event?

irieguy
stupidsucker
ilya (did she play)
Lorinda (same)
suitedsixes
curtains
citanul
daliman
skipperbob
ZeeJustin
Phil Van Sexton
gigabet
Yugo
Raptor
IamSoLucky
Apathy
toro

so many to think of and I am on vacation and just got to the net for the first time in days. anyway I would love an update if anyone has any info.

Ryan

microbet
07-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Is Ilya a girl?

I don't think 1/2 of those listed played any events at the WSOP.

rybones
07-12-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Ilya a girl?

[/ QUOTE ] not sure, I guess I did write she ... huh

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think 1/2 of those listed played any events at the WSOP

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure you are correct. Those were just some of the regulars I could remember whom I am sure could compete well if they were there. I do know many are there for irie's hu tourney and assumed many had entered one or more of the wsop tournaments.

Alas, does anyone know anything?

Ryan

david050173
07-12-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Ilya a girl?

I don't think 1/2 of those listed are old enough to have played any events at the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

The Yugoslavian
07-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Ilya is not a girl.

Like maybe 3 of those names listed actually played in the ME (2 for sure and are already busted).

Yugoslav

wuwei
07-12-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Like maybe 3 of those names listed actually played in the ME (2 for sure and are already busted).

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody besides Giga and Imsolucky play?

The only 2+2ers left are Greg Raymer and Carl Olson, according to the MTT thread.

microbet
07-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Stupidsucker

The Yugoslavian
07-12-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stupidsucker

[/ QUOTE ]

And John Hurst...he outlasted them all....wtf_pwn3d.

Hurst ought to get more love here...he's a bonafide playa.

Yugoslav
Don't hate the playa...hate the game.

rybones
07-12-2005, 01:06 AM
what is his real name and is he still in? Stupidsucker that is.

The Yugoslavian
07-12-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is his real name and is he still in? Stupidsucker that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

No..none of these people are in. StupidSucker didn't make it past day 1 (he played well though). Giga didn't make it past day 1 either...I think he spent most of his time in the Full Tilt hospitality suite anyway instead of pwning the WSOP ME.

Hurst and Imsolucky both made day two with very very short stacks....Hurst made a bit of a run but then couldn't keep it goin'.

That's all I know about the STT forum homiez playin' in the event.

Most of those people didn't play...several are too young to play and the rest are just yellow-bellied (like me /images/graemlins/blush.gif).

Yugoslav

Bluff Daddy
07-12-2005, 01:14 AM
for some reason I doubt raptor played in it

lacky
07-12-2005, 01:41 AM
wow, i feel so unimportant

Steve

The Yugoslavian
07-12-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, i feel so unimportant

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

You played in the ME?? I thought you just played in a previous event?

You've won so many other MTTs recently that I don't feel too bad for ya, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

ilya
07-12-2005, 01:47 AM
I'm pretty sure Ilya is a guy.

lacky
07-12-2005, 01:58 AM
well, nobody else on the list played the ME either, it clearly wasn't what the list was based on. I guess if I wanna be noticed I gotta post more than 500 or so a year.

stupidsucker
07-12-2005, 02:31 AM
I was on the list, and I played.

[ QUOTE ]
Hurst and Imsolucky both made day two with very very short stacks

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have done this, but I play to win. (not saying they didnt)

Nottom
07-12-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Ilya is a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe you.

treeofwisdom7
07-12-2005, 09:18 AM
RAYMER has a very good chance of winning the ME again. Would Raymer winning two times in a row be the biggest feat in poker?

Phill S
07-12-2005, 09:25 AM
According to many, yes.

Wasnt toro the guy on lowest chips going into day 3 (was on 2.somethingK with the cost of an orbit being 7-8K)? Thats what someone in WPT said, i dont know either way. I dunno any of the latest results so i dunno what happened to him.

Phill

Unarmed
07-12-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well, nobody else on the list played the ME either, it clearly wasn't what the list was based on. I guess if I wanna be noticed I gotta post more than 500 or so a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww...
I think you got game lacky, if that means anything to ya. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

treeofwisdom7
07-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Go to the MTT forum and read the Sticky.

stupidsucker
07-12-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
RAYMER has a very good chance of winning the ME again. Would Raymer winning two times in a row be the biggest feat in poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Back to Back has been done more then once, but not with this kind of field. It would be bad for poker imo. Fish would think it's rigged, people would see how much skill plays a part in poker.

Phill S
07-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Unless he begins getting some 'dumb luck' on televised hands later on. Wont do much for his reputation, but amongst casual viewers they can basicly look at him and say "if he can get lucky twice, surely i can get lucky once!".

Prolly wont happen. And i dont think anyone could pick a player on the list of those left that can harm poker, its just too big an entity. Besides, most people know there are major league players that are just on another planet (Ivey, Negreanu etc) who they see getting win after win in the WPT.

Sometimes its too easy to underestimate peoples stupidity when it comes to gambling.

Phill

citanul
07-12-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a thread about this in the WPT forum. Please don't try to turn this forum into the WPT forum. Discussing SNG posters in the ME was the idea of this thread, and that connects it to this forum. Raymer is certainly vaguely still connected to this forum, but is hardly a "regular." Asking outright a question such as "would this be the biggest feat in poker?" when you know this question has been asked elsewhere, well, the nicest thing I can call it is obnoxious.

citanul