PDA

View Full Version : Yet another set

davidross
02-15-2003, 01:50 PM
I posted a hand last week where I cold called with 55 and met overwhelming opposition to playing it. SO I wanted to show you all I've changed my ways.

It was very late and I may not have been playing my normal conservative game /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Online 2/4 I'm in the cutoff with 6s 6h. folded to the guy on my right who hasn't impressed me so far. He raises. I thought about all of you telling me not to cold call and I could tell he was on a steal /forums/images/icons/wink.gif , so I raised /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
Button cold calls (My image scared them all), and pre-flop raiser 4-bets. See I knew he had nothing. We both call.

*** FLOP *** : [ 6c 2s 3d ]

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I decide not to mess around with this one. 4-bet guy bets and I raise. Button folds and raiser calls.

*** TURN *** : [ 6c 2s 3d ] [ Jh ]

He checks to me and I bet, he raises. I raise him back and he caps it. JJ?

*** RIVER *** : [ 6c 2s 3d Jh ] [ 5c ]

He bets, I raise, he raises again. I can't believe he's got a 4. I just call. Who raises again?

davidross
02-15-2003, 01:55 PM
He had AA. Good pre-flop read eh?

Again at low limits the sets get paid off very well. I know That was a bad time to play it, but I really thought he was stealing and I could get it heads up.

kdog
02-15-2003, 02:58 PM
I raise again.The only way he can have a 4 is if he was steal raising with something like 4-4 or A-4s and I can take him off that from the post flop action.I'd be somewhat concerned about J-J,which is the only logical hand he could have that beats you,but imo he has played as though he holds a pair higher than J-J.I put him on A-A or K-K and anticipate a loud crAAcKKing sound when you show your set.