PDA

View Full Version : Straight on a 3 Flush board bubble hand

Dan Rutter
07-12-2005, 12:15 AM
I forgot to get the hand history for this hand, so it is from memory.
$20+2, 4 handed, $100-200 blinds. No one has a real large stack, or real small one, everyone is around a mid sized stack for this stage between $2,500 and low $4,000.

It is folded to the SB, who completes. He has been playing seemingly solid so far, and has done nothing to really stand out from an average opponent. He has me covered by around $500 in chips, I have roughly $2,700. I am dealt 67o.

Flop comes 5d 2s 8d. I do not have a diamond.

He checks, I bet $270 into the $400 pot, he calls.

Turn 4d, he bets out $1000, what should my action be?

KushielsDart
07-12-2005, 01:32 AM
i raise all in over the top. my thinking would be he's trying to take the pot away from you. maybe he's got two pair or more likely, he's got a big diamond draw now on the river with a pair maybe. maybe he's even got a set and is afraid of another diamond himself. most players do not lead out that way after they've made their flush... if you just call and another diamond hits on the river and he bets, you have to fold. if it doesn't hit, then you may not get paid on the river. i'm a fan of getting ALL my money in with the best hand and if luck damns me, so be it...

just my 2 cents-- there are lots of really smart, good players on this site. they may have more (and probably better) insight...

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deuce2High
07-12-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i raise all in over the top. my thinking would be he's trying to take the pot away from you. maybe he's got two pair or more likely, he's got a big diamond draw now on the river with a pair maybe. maybe he's even got a set and is afraid of another diamond himself. most players do not lead out that way after they've made their flush... if you just call and another diamond hits on the river and he bets, you have to fold. if it doesn't hit, then you may not get paid on the river. i'm a fan of getting ALL my money in with the best hand and if luck damns me, so be it...

just my 2 cents-- there are lots of really smart, good players on this site. they may have more (and probably better) insight...

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the boards Kushiel, I've seen you in some of my SnGs.

KushielsDart
07-12-2005, 01:50 AM
Thx Deuce! It's nice to be here. Treasure-trove of info too. However, after reading a few of gigabet's old posts, I've been finishing 4th A LOT. His nuggets of wisdom seem to have had an extremely adverse effect on my play. I'm having to consciously not do what he does now! He may have mastered that style, but I'm still a novice at it... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lastchance
07-12-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thx Deuce! It's nice to be here. Treasure-trove of info too. However, after reading a few of gigabet's old posts, I've been finishing 4th A LOT. His nuggets of wisdom seem to have had an extremely adverse affect on my play. I'm having to consciously not do what he does now! He may have mastered that style, but I'm still a novice at it... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Your opponents will call. Gigabet's opponents will not. Remember that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And I push because I think he could have AA-99, plus a bunch of sets, two pairs, and 8's.

And I raise preflop here if Villain limps quite a bit. Always nice to take down chips.