PDA

View Full Version : Finally.. 10k complete @ 1/2 (mostly 9 max)

RockPile
07-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Man do I suck or what. This is the first level where after 10k I havent been up at least 300+bb.. Of course, trying to work up through the microlimits this is highest I've played yet.. All advice and help would greatly be appreciated.. whats the trick to 1/2?

I know the W$@SD should really be above 50% but its slightly easier to bluff at pots at this level.. I think I may be doing it maybe a little too much or getting called on it a little too much.. whatever, it isnt working.
http://www3.telus.net/diabolic/10k%20at%201-2.JPG

Hows the aggression?
http://www3.telus.net/diabolic/10k%20agg.JPG

Postion stats.. I'm getting trampled from the BB.. could use some help there I think. I think I have SB protection down ok. Oh and note that there are very few hands played in position 7 becasuse thats the one that doesnt really exist when playing 9max. I think I played a few 10max tables by accident.
http://www3.telus.net/diabolic/10k%20position.JPG

Finally the graph...
http://www3.telus.net/diabolic/10k1-2graph.jpg

Thanks.

Yort Mada
07-12-2005, 01:14 AM
If you are bluffing a lot, that might be a big problem. I bluff about .5% of the time or maybe less.

rivered_again
07-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Looks like you're showing down too many marginal hands.

bottomset
07-12-2005, 01:28 AM
you def. checkraise way too much, don't bet enough flops
I'm guess you have a low bet as first action after PFR#

position wise you seem to be pretty decent, you prob are overdefending a little, or playing too loose postflop in defense situations

popeye18
07-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Why are you losing so much in the big blind? That seems odd to me.

Schwartzy61
07-12-2005, 01:40 AM
1/2 is a bitch. I'm still negative after 15,000 hands after cruising through .50/1 at 3BB/100. I'm getting better/cards getting better whatever but I'm kinda on the upswing now. I actually got off to a pretty hot start 1.75BB/100 over first thousand or so clearing a PP bonus, but as my bonus whoring adventures traveled through distant unfriendly lands my BB/100 dove farther south than 0 than I could have imagined. It was a run of bad luck combined with probably calling down in pots I shouldn't and some improper folds when I was probably ahead. But anyway if I had the trick to 1/2 I probably wouldn't be posting in your stats thread.

So enough about me as for your stats...

What site?

VP$IP seems a little high depending on your game conditions.

You must be playing in some tight games, 31% att. to steal blinds, it doesn't seem like I really get that many chances at stealing the blinds from LP, more power to you for making sure you get those blinds, I'd be interested in the success of said blind steals at this level. If your games are loose enought to be playing 20% of your hands how are you attempting to steal so many blinds? Something doesn't fit in my mind.

You must love playing them blinds. While SB looks fine I think your are defending too much from BB. Give these guys raises a little more respect from the BB. You really have to have a good read on the blind stealer to put him on a steal and call with a weaker hand, I haven't run into many players on the Party network thus far that like to steal blinds often with crap hands. Seems like most of the time I'm in the BB with only a button raiser and a decent hand the raiser manages to have a big PP or big broadway. Then again could be a sample size issue.

At least your winning the "correct" amount of flops seen.

Sucks to lose doesn't it? My mantra for most of 1/2 has been win small lose big as my numbers seem normal across the board.

Went to SD looks a little high which could account for the low W$SD figure. Also running cold can account for the low W$SD figure. Also not folding often enough can account for both a negative win rate and a low W$SD.

It might be slightly easier to bluff at pots but you also need to pick your spots better. A bluff at .50/1 could quite often be a split pot or you even get called by a worse hand somehow. I've started to bluff less and only when in situations where I have a good idea that the other guy likes to fold more than call down.

You could be a tad over aggressive on the later streets. Quite often at this level a turn raise and definitely the turn 3-bet is a huge indicator of a monster hand (depending on the player, yada yada), it seems you laugh in the face of that action and continue to raise.

I would say overall you could probably fold a little more often.

Also the fact you are losing that much from the BB probably means you are calling far too often out of the BB. You are losing a BB out of the big blind ever 3.3 times. That's gonna hurt the bottom line a lot. I think if you had tightened up from the BB you would have a BB/100 in the green...

Your stats from the button are unwieldy, why so LAGGy from the button, you could probably rein that in a bit. It's pretty damn profitable for you thus far but those kind of numbers won't hold up I don't think.

In the end playing that many hands up front you would probably tend to see less showdowns and fold slightly more often than the average player. But you are actually seeing more showdowns and folding less than the average player. To me that spells disaster for the bottom line. And then your BB needs some work, you are losing a ton here whether it's bad cards or bad play is something you might want to analyze a little further.

And just to emphasize, you might want to learn when to fold, something I have had much trouble with at 1/2...

bottomset
07-12-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You must be playing in some tight games, 31% att. to steal blinds, it doesn't seem like I really get that many chances at stealing the blinds from LP, more power to you for making sure you get those blinds, I'd be interested in the success of said blind steals at this level. If your games are loose enought to be playing 20% of your hands how are you attempting to steal so many blinds? Something doesn't fit in my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

31% is def. right in the range you need to be at, 30-35% attempt to steal

[ QUOTE ]
Your stats from the button are unwieldy, why so LAGGy from the button, you could probably rein that in a bit. It's pretty damn profitable for you thus far but those kind of numbers won't hold up I don't think.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should have some laggy #s(if they were your regular stats) on the button, because position is soo valuable in this game, and you need to take advantage of it

malorum
07-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Way to go.
You got that agressive 7 litre v8 under the hood.
Now you just need some brakes and decent tyres.
If you don't wipe yourself out on the bends you'lle make some big money.

Seriously tho' its best to start like this and tune down your play. It also depends so much on the game.
Adjusting to game conditions is the most important thing.

In general betting out on the flop lets you bet the river a little more without having to raise it, but again it depends on the game, and situation.

Just keep going, read a few books, and slow down on the bends

jrz1972
07-12-2005, 08:33 AM
You're a little too loose and you go to showdown a little too often.

The thing that jumps out at me is that you check-raise an awful lot. This may suggest that you're prone to FPS. If that's the case, you're leaving a bunch of money on the table.

Schwartzy61
07-12-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

31% is def. right in the range you need to be at, 30-35% attempt to steal

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm trying to sync up some stats to get an idea of game context. Just because he's in some normal stat range doesn't make them good plays. Generally in a tight game you have more chances to steal blinds, but if he's playing in a tight game why is he playing rather loose preflop? He doesn't really have a sample size large enough to make any real judgements either way.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you should have some laggy #s(if they were your regular stats) on the button, because position is soo valuable in this game, and you need to take advantage of it

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand loosening up and getting more aggressive, my numbers on the button are the loosest and most aggressive as any position. I was commenting more on the fact that he had such a huge jump in both VP$IP and PFR on the button. I just figured there is a gradual increased from EP to MP then MP to LP. His numbers seem to have that nice increase from EP to MP and MP to the CO but then all of a sudden his numbers are off the charts on the button. Unless his games are often tight and shorthanded I don't think that is going to be optimal in the long run. And if you are gonna be a 25/16 from the button and that's the way to be profitable why aren't your stats from the CO similar. Your position is nearly as good and you have the chance to buy the button so why not go LAG there? Again just having trouble figure out why his stats are so far up there on the button and it seems his play is a little inconsistent.

bottomset
07-12-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm trying to sync up some stats to get an idea of game context. Just because he's in some normal stat range doesn't make them good plays. Generally in a tight game you have more chances to steal blinds, but if he's playing in a tight game why is he playing rather loose preflop? He doesn't really have a sample size large enough to make any real judgements either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh you are misunderstanding the stat, its basically, whenever its openfolded to you in the CO or BTN a raise is considered a steal attempt

so if you play in a very loose game, you won't have many opportunities to steal, but should still be stealing a fair % of the time you have the chance, its dependent on the blinds, and if in a tight game you'll have more opportunites and should steal more

RockPile
07-12-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just figured there is a gradual increased from EP to MP then MP to LP. His numbers seem to have that nice increase from EP to MP and MP to the CO but then all of a sudden his numbers are off the charts on the button. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is directly related to stealing the blinds. The tables are sometimes so tight if it is folded around to me I will always raise from the button to steal the blinds, with pretty much anything.

Schwartzy61
07-12-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh you are misunderstanding the stat, its basically, whenever its openfolded to you in the CO or BTN a raise is considered a steal attempt

so if you play in a very loose game, you won't have many opportunities to steal, but should still be stealing a fair % of the time you have the chance, its dependent on the blinds, and if in a tight game you'll have more opportunites and should steal more

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what the stat means but I have always thought you are less likely to steal, because it will be less successful, in a loose game or versus loose blinds because they are gonna call anyway.

So you are saying no matter how the blinds play you should be raising 30%+ of your hands in the CO and button when it is folded to you?

It's just hard for me to have a hard number for steal attempts when I am not sure about his game context.

RockPile
07-12-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So you are saying no matter how the blinds play you should be raising 30%+ of your hands in the CO and button when it is folded to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hopefully at least 30% of the hands you play on the button are folded to you, they definately are in 1/2, less so in .50/1 and lower.